If we talk about reputed credit card companies, American Express probably ranks among the top three. This financial service provider assures not only monetary payment services but also ensures seamless customer support.
From industry leaders to small business holders, it offers its unmatched support for credit cards and financial assistance to all its customers.
This company currently offers home-based customer care job opportunities for talented people. All you need is excellent communication and customer-handling qualities to become a part of the ever-expanding team.
Along with customer care executives, it now also offers positions for travel counselors. And, you will get huge benefits besides a reasonable payment while working for this company.
But before you take any step, here goes the in-depth American Express review to help you with your dream job.
Need Easy & Extra $300/Mo For Free?
About American Express
American Express, famous as Amex, is a multinational financial service provider headquartered in New York City, United States.
This company was founded way back in 1850; this company currently offers debit cards, credit cards, and traveler’s cheques services throughout the world.
It has more than 114.4 million cards as of 2022, with annual average spending of around $20k. Besides assuring a seamless experience for the customers, this company also earned its place in the ‘Top 100 Companies to Work For in 2021’ by Fortune Magazine.
American Express Requirements
There are two essential requirements you need to fulfill to apply for the role of customer care provider in Amex.
Besides personal and educational qualifications, you also need to meet the technical necessities to get selected.
- You need to have a 4-year college degree or equivalent educational qualification.
- All of the new applicants should have previous home-based customer care experience.
- Excellent communication skill is a must for this position.
- You need to have basic computer skills with proper internet knowledge to get started.
- You need to work on a fixed schedule in the appropriate weekly program.
- An updated computer or laptop with Windows or Mac-based operating system.
- A reliable and high-speed internet connection, preferably wired.
- You need a good headset with a noise cancellation feature.
- You should have a dedicated phone line for incoming and outgoing calls.
So, these are the primary requirements that you need to abide by before applying for this job.
Previous experience and excellent customer handling quality will surely give you an edge during the selection procedure.
Benefits of Working With American Express
American Express itself is a great company to work in. Besides the proper work culture, this company also takes care of all its employees’ financial and personal requirements.
Some of the most lucrative benefits that you’ll have are as follows:
- Timely payment with better hourly rates than other companies.
- You’ll have 401(k) benefits while working for this company.
- American Express offers medical, dental, and visual insurance to all its employees.
- You’ll have other benefits like disability insurance and paid vacations.
- You will earn good exposure in the financial market as well as in the customer care industry.
Besides all these benefits, you will also have your chance to earn excellent bonuses if you become a top performer. You can also avail several American Express offers while working for this company.
American Express Recruitment Process
There is a dedicated segment for the recruitment of home-based customer care professionals on its website.
If you find any difficulty, you can visit the ‘career’ page and search with the keyword ‘virtual’ or ‘work from home.
Once you find your preferred position, you can directly apply by uploading your updated resume and cover letter. You have to go through complete background verification before getting the final approval to join.
Besides, the company representative will also visit your home office to inspect the technical aspects. Once you get all the clearances, the company will then provide you with your unique login credential to its system.
Working At American Express
You’ll mainly have to handle the customers of American Express while working in this position.
Starting from their transaction issues to any other difficulties that they face while using debit or credit cards, you need to give a fast-paced solution to the customers.
The key areas of responsibility are as follows:
- You need to answer the incoming calls and provide clear information to the customers.
- All of their account-specific and transaction-specific quarries need to be addressed efficiently.
- You may also need to update the account information of the Amex customers.
- You need to ensure excellent customer service while patiently listening to their problems.
So, these are the primary responsibilities that you need to fulfill while working for this company.
You also need to talk politely and solve the problems in the quickest possible time to ensure the trust that the customers have in American Express.
How Much Does American Express Pay?
Amex pays around $16.13 per hour, on average, to its new employees. However, this hourly rate can increase depending on your previous experience and customer handling skills.
Besides the hourly income, you will also have your chance to earn performance-based bonuses. You will have several other benefits like medical insurance and paid vacations that we have already mentioned.
When & How Do American Express Pay?
You first need to understand that it is a full-time job where American Express will hire you as its employee and not as an independent contractor.
You’ll have your monthly salary irrespective of your contractual payment, like other customer care companies.
After the background verification process, the company itself will create a salary account for you. The salary will then be deposited directly into the account.
American Express Review – Pros & Cons
American Express is a great company to start your career with. It assures great exposure to the financial market as well as the customer support industry.
There are both sides of this coin, which you need to know before making an informed decision about joining the company.
Pros of American Express
- It is a big name in the financial market that will significantly boost your future career.
- The hourly rate is much better than other companies in the customer support industry.
- You can avail of benefits like medical insurance, disability insurance, and paid vacations.
- Timely payment is guaranteed as you’ll work as an employee and not as an independent contractor.
Cons of American Express
- You need to work in fixed work hours as this company doesn’t offer any timing flexibility.
- Amex prefers the permanent citizens of the United States.
- You need to have at least a year of experience in the customer support industry.
- The company prefers people with high educational qualifications and industry experience.
You have to judge yourself about the job while properly analyzing the pros and cons we have mentioned in this American Express review. If you think it works in your favor, don’t hesitate to apply for this position right away.
Several other companies also provide home-based customer care job opportunities to talented and enthusiastic people worldwide. Some of the most notable companies are:
- ACD Direct.
- Sutherland Global.
- Intuitive Solutions.
Besides these companies, you can also search for customer care projects in freelance marketplaces like Freelancer, Fiverr, and Upwork.
That’s our American Express review. This company is looking for enthusiastic people with professional skills and excellent customer care expertise to match the brand name. So, it would be best if you were super-efficient while working for this company.
We have already provided all the facts you need to know in this detailed American Express review. We hope that it will help you to choose your dream job with full confidence.