Data is the fuel of the 21st century. Most tech giants now work towards the improvement of big data handling and use the data to invent new AI-based technologies.
Starting from your personal computer to the apps that you use on your smartphone, everything collects data to provide you with a better future experience.
And, Appen is one such company that collects data for its clients from various resources. But you can also make money from it. And to know how here goes the complete Appen work at home jobs review to start with.
Appen Work At Home Jobs Review & Complete Guide
Many companies want to analyze their positions in Google search results. Besides, they also want to evaluate their current positions in Google ads. And for that, they hire companies that can emulate these parameters through real users.
That’s where Appen comes in action as it provides real-time analyses and data to its clients after collecting it from its users. And, the users, in turn, also get their monetary compensation for the evaluation project.
But to start with, check out this Appen work at home jobs review and complete guide first.
Established way back in 1996, this company is currently headquartered in Sydney, Australia. It now has more than 400k permanent employees and remote workers spreading over more than 130 countries worldwide.
And with its growing clientele, it is again hiring enthusiastic people from every corner of this planet to join the freelance team.
Appen not only provides web evaluation and social media evaluation jobs but also now provides several other projects like online surveys and transcription projects.
Need Easy & Extra $300/Mo For Free?
Although this company offers various projects according to skillset, the essential requirements are almost the same. Besides having some specific personal skills, you also need to fulfill their technical requirements to get started.
The essential criteria to join Appen are as follows:
- You must have a native-level English proficiency to start any project on this platform.
- All the remote workers should have good knowledge of search engines and web ads.
- You need to have a strong knowledge of various social media platforms.
- All the virtual workers should have the zeal to commit up to 20 hours per week.
- You need a good computer, preferably based on either Mac or Windows operating system.
- Your computer should have popular browsers installed, such as Google Chrome and Internet Explorer.
- All the virtual workers should have a high-speed internet connection, preferably wired.
- You need to have your profiles on various social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
These are the main criteria that you need to abide by before even applying for this company. Besides, you also need to be extremely enthusiastic and should be able to work without anyone’s supervision.
Also Check: 10 Best Skills Needed To Work From Home in 2021.
Benefits of Working With Appen
There are several benefits of working for Appen. As it is one of the most reputed companies in the data collection market, you will get projects in web evolution and social media evolution.
The key benefits are as follows:
- You can earn as much as $20 per hour if you belong to a particular demographic profile.
- You can invest around 20 hours per week or this work and can earn decent money.
- This company has a vast clientele. So, you will never face any shortage of project availability.
- You will get timely payment in your bank account or Payoneer account.
So, these are the main benefits of working for this company. Besides, you will also have good exposure in the data collection and social media evaluation field.
How To Get Started With Appen?
The joining process is pretty simple in Appen. You need to visit the company’s official website and then navigate to its job list to get the current openings.
After selecting your preferred job, you need to choose your country of residents. This step will then land you on a simple registration form.
Once you fill that form with your proper credentials, the direct link will land you to the final project page to display the available projects in your country.
How To Get Work In Appen?
You can commit as little as an hour per day to as much as 20 hours per week on this website. Appen is now offering mainly search engine evaluation jobs and social media evaluation jobs to its freelance workers.
The area of responsibility can be different in each project, but you need to give your feedback in all. As of now, this company is only providing part-time opportunities to all home-based workers.
Get in the section of careers and you can enroll by cross-checking your requirements before getting into the details.
Appen Pay Rates & Earning Potential
The final earnings for each project will widely vary on several factors, such as the difficulty of the project and the demographic profile. However, the hourly rate is around $14 on average for social media and search engine evaluation jobs.
You can also earn more money with increasing experience. But, this company never assures you about a full-time job. So, it is advisable to take it solely as a part-time opportunity.
Payment Methods & Payment Frequency
Appen pays all its work-from-home workers every month. Suppose you have started your work from 1st January and continued till 31st, you will receive your payment by February.
The existing workers have never faced any issues like payment delays or deducted pay. Right now, it pays all its remote workers via direct deposit and through Payoneer transfer.
Appen doesn’t have any facility for PayPal transfer as of 2021. But there are other Online Jobs That Pay Through PayPal. You can give them a try!
Pros & Cons
It is not very easy to find legit websites that assure high-paying jobs for remote workers. Appen is one such company that provides this opportunity throughout the world.
However, there are several pros and cons in this Appen work at home job review that you need to understand before applying for this job.
Pros of Appen
- It offers flexible work hours so that you can work according to your time preference.
- You don’t need any home-office for a noise-free environment. This quality makes it ideal for stay-at-home moms.
- You can earn around $14 to $20 per hour to make up to $800 at the end of the month.
- It takes very little time, as low as just an hour per day, to generate a great part-time income.
Cons of Appen
- The projected availability can be pretty inconsistent if you live outside the United States or Canada.
- All the vacations are for independent contracts. So, you won’t get any facility such as medical benefits or 401(k).
- You will get monthly payments, which can be difficult for some people looking for weekly payouts.
- It can take up to a month after joining to get your first project, although most workers get that before that time frame.
So, these are the major advantages and disadvantages in this Appen work at home job review. Besides all these, you’ll earn enough exposure in the social media and web evaluation field while working for this company.
Alternate Companies & Jobs
Several websites now offer similar work at home jobs like Appen. Some of the most popular companies that now provide home-based web or social media evaluation jobs are Leapforce, iSoftStone, Lionbridge, and ZeroChaos.
Besides, several other online marketplaces like Fiverr and Upwork sometimes have opportunities for search engine and social media evaluators. Check the below section for more opportunities
1. Try Transcription:
If you good at any language and have excellent typing skills, then this job suits you. Transcription is nothing but converting audio speech or audio files into written text documents.
There are many fields that offer transcription jobs like the general transcription field, medical field, and print field. On average, a transcriptionist can make $1000 per week depending on the work and efficiency.
This is always a hit job in the work from home category. If you are a beginner Try this free course to learn more about transcription!
Become a proofreader and earn $15- $45 with ease. For that, you just need to spot errors in the document, no need to edit it, just mark the errors for correction, and you are done.
Easy enough to make quick bucks right? For doing so, you just need to have skills in English grammar, punctuation, and language. This job has the flexibility to work from anywhere by using the internet.
But the main thing here in this field is the skills and efficiency in language. If you are lacking those, try this free course to learn more proofreading techniques in less time!
3. Freelance Writing:
Knowledge of English is your strength? Then, become a freelance writer to some reputed companies by working from the comfort of your home. Freelance writing is the most flexible job which doesn’t require hours to work.
Depending on your range of skills you can put your work for different companies, blogs, and different publications. Language alone cannot help you to create valuable content.
Learn more tips here with this course to build thinking capacity and implementation skills in this field.
Claim Your $5 Signup Bonus Now!
Wanna make some quick money? Sign up for these below offers to make $10 – $20 real cash in the next few minutes.
- InboxDollars ($5 instant signup bonus & get paid to watch videos and play games).
- SurveyJunkie (Top-rated, short, and easy surveys. Up to $3 – $7 per each task).
- OpinionCity (Up to $100 per survey & browse all high-paying offers at one place).
- Pinecone Research (Up to $3 – $5 per each survey & $7 per each product test).
Finally, this is the complete Appen work at home jobs review. So, without any doubt, consider Appen is not a scam at all. The added advantage is that it will pay you on time. But, you should be extra cautious before considering it as a full-time opportunity.
It is tough to make more than $800 per month, even if you live in the United States. We hope you got all that you need to know from this Appen work at home job review.
Siva Mahesh is a full-time blogger and personal finance expert featured on US News, Yahoo Finance, Legal Zoom, The Simple Dollar, Databox, Business.com, Business News Daily, and more. He is the owner/founder of Dreamshala, a go-to place for 100,000+ monthly readers to find legit work from home jobs and make money online ideas.