You can transfer your funds from a linked bank account or a debit card to your Cash App with a click of a button. But what about the cash deposit? Wait, what if I say that you can now even deposit paper money to your Cash App account?
Cash App offers several benefits as many merchants and online platforms now accept and pay money through this #1 financial app in the USA. You can even take part in legit surveys that pay through Cash App.
And now, they have even made the paper money deposit super simple! So, without any further ado, let’s see how you can easily load your Cash App with hard cash!
Need Easy & Extra $300/Mo For Free?
Survey Junkie – Earn up to $50 per survey & a fixed $1.50 per referral. Sign up here.
Opinion Outpost: Get paid up to $30 per answering simple questions. Join now.
Branded Surveys: Paid over 35 Million. Earn up to $25 per survey. Signup now.
Inbox Dollars: Get paid to watch videos. One already made $75 within a week. $10 Signup bonus.
Pinecone Research: Up to $3 – $5 per survey & $9 per product test. Join now for FREE.
Does Cash App Support Paper Money Deposit?
Yes, Cash App does support paper money deposits. You can find this feature on your app through which you can deposit paper money to Cash App.
This feature gives Cash App users like you the freedom to load money to their accounts without visiting any bank and standing in a long queue! You can simply visit an authorized retailer and get it done.
Note: Cash App can sometimes decline payments for various reasons. But to make it work again, check out my tested guide on how to stop Cash App from declining payments.
Can You Load Your Cash App Card At A Bank Or An ATM?
No, to all surprise, you cannot load your Cash Card from any Cash App ATM or even from a traditional banking system. However, you can surely link your bank account to your Cash App account.
You can directly load the Cash App balance from your linked bank account. If you have a Cash Card, you can then withdraw your money from your Cash App using your card. But as of 2023, it is not possible to deposit that way.
Cash App uses its retailer network to create a much larger system where users can deposit money at their nearest retail stores.
And for that, Cash App paper money deposit time becomes much shorter than traditional bank deposits.
Do You Need To Verify Your Account To Deposit Paper Money On The Cash App?
Yes, you need to verify your account on Cash App to avail the benefit of a paper money deposit.
You can easily do it from the app itself by confirming your full name, date of birth, and the last four digits of your social security number (SSN).
And if you want to know how to add money to a Cash App card in a store, you need to get started by verifying your account first. Without it, this feature will not be unlocked on your account.
Bonus: Are you looking for some free money that you can get directly on your Cash App? Then don’t forget to check out these Cash App free money codes, working in 2023!
How To Enable The Paper Money Deposit Feature On Cash App?
You should have the “Paper Money” option in your “Banking” tab on the Cash App. But if it is not unlocked or if it is not showing up, some steps are possibly due from your side.
So, if the Cash App paper money deposit is not showing up on your account, you need to take three steps.
- Update The Cash App: The developers of Cash App release frequent updates with performance improvements, bug fixes, and new features. So, you need to update the app with the latest 3.96 version (released on 22nd May 2023), available on Apple App Store and Google Play Store.
- Verify Your Account: The paper money deposit will only unlock once you verify your identity. So, complete your verification by confirming your name, date of birth, and SSN.
- Link Your Cash Card: You must link your Cash card with your Cash App account after verifying your identity. So, if you haven’t opted for the card yet, it is high time you should do that now.
Bonus: Are you tired of using the same old generic names in Cash App? Do you want to try something new and trendy? Here are the unique Cash App names that you must try!
Hot Deal You Must Grab For Quick Cash!
|9+ Ways to make money||More than 3 million trusted users|
|Gives out 7000 free gift cards every day||Paid over $35 million to users|
|Paid over $700 million to its members||Simple yet high-paying surveys|
|$10 instant signup bonus||Earn 100 Points Signup Bonus|
|SIGNUP NOW||SIGNUP NOW|
How To Find Your Nearest Deposit Location?
I’ve already told you that you can only deposit cash to an authorized retailer of Cash App.
You can find the paper money deposit locations right in your Cash App itself. So, follow these steps to discover your nearest deposit location.
- Step 1: Launch the Cash App on your smartphone and log in to your account.
- Step 2: Tap on the “Banking” tab in the bottom-left corner of your screen.
- Step 3: Tap on the “Paper Money” option, and you’ll be redirected to a map.
- Step 4: Click on the “Magnifying Glass” icon and enter your location, state, or PIN
- Step 5: Once all your nearby deposit locations are displayed, click on your nearest one.
- Step 6: Finally, click on the “Get direction” button.
You can also copy the address from the map and feed it to your car’s GPS system or any other app, such as Google Maps and Apple Maps.
Cash App Paper Money Deposit Locations – Authorized Merchants
Besides finding my nearest authorized deposit centers, I also search for where I can add money to my Cash App for free to get an idea about their partners.
Cash App also has a dedicated page listing their authorized retailers/merchants.
As of 2023, you can deposit your Cash and load your account at the following authorized merchants.
- Dollar General
- Duane Reade
- Family Dollar
- Kum & Go
- Kwik Trip
- Pilot Travel Centers
- Rite Aid
- TravelCenters of America
You can deposit your cash to load your Cash App account on the Customer Service Desk at any Walmart Store. You can also deposit it in the Walmart Money Centers.
How To Generate A Barcode To Load Paper Money On Cash App?
Authorized retailers will ask for the barcode when you visit them. And for that, you need to know how to get a Cash App barcode to load money. Don’t worry; we got you covered!
Follow these steps to generate your Cash App barcode:
- Step 1: Log in to your Cash App account and tap on the “Banking” tab (in the bottom-left corner).
- Step 2: Tap on the “Paper Money” option.
- Step 3: Tap on the “Show Barcode” option (Green button).
- Step 4: Your barcode will now display on your screen.
Note: You can only generate a barcode with an active internet connection. So, check the connectivity status of your smartphone before generating a Cash App barcode.
How To Load Your Cash App At A Deposit Location?
Once you have generated the barcode, you are now ready to load cash on your account from your nearby authorized merchants.
And Cash App paper money deposit is really very easy. Just follow these steps!
- Step 1: Visit your nearby authorized retailer with an ID.
- Step 2: Generate the barcode on your Cash App (Barcodes are valid for just 10 minutes. So don’t generate beforehand).
- Step 3: Show the barcode to the cashier, and they will scan it with their own device.
- Step 4: Hand over your paper money to load your account and pay the loading fees.
- Step 5: Show them your ID (if they ask).
- Step 6: Request a receipt once they complete the transaction (It will also reflect instantly on your Cash App balance).
If the cashier doesn’t know about the process from their end, you can also show them the instructions stipulated by Cash App.
Tap on the “Banking” tab and then on the “Paper Money” option. Now, tap on the “?” icon, and complete instructions will be displayed that you can show to the cashier.
Hot Deal You Must Grab For Quick Cash!
|5+ Ways to earn money||Earn up to $45 per survey|
|Earn cashback for online shopping||Ten million+ active users worldwide|
|Paid over $80 million in cash rewards||Earn free gift cards|
|$5 instant signup bonus||Pays $1.50 per referral|
|SIGNUP NOW||SIGNUP NOW|
What Are The Charges For Paper Money Deposit On Cash App?
The Cash App paper money deposit fee varies from $1 to $4 per loading, depending on the merchant.
If you opt for the “Instant Deposit” option, you’ll be charged between 0.5% and 1.75% (minimum $0.25/deposit) on top of that.
But this will not be directly charged in cash. Rather, all these fees will be deducted from your Cash App account.
So, if you want to load $20 in your account, you need to make sure that you are depositing at least $24. After the deduction, it will be close to $20 in your account.
Note: Many scammers are now circulating various Cash App flips. And you may even get scammed if you want to load your money online. So, take cautious steps!
What Is The Paper Money Deposit Limit On Cash App?
It is possible to get more than $500 through online transactions, as there is a $750 reward in Cash App also available as a giveaway. But it is not possible if you want to deposit the same amount in paper money.
The current paper money deposit limit on Cash App is as follows.
- Minimum Deposit Per Transaction: $5/loading
- Maximum Deposit Per Transaction: $500/loading
- Maximum Weekly Deposit: $1000/7 days
- Maximum Monthly Deposit: $4,000/30 days
If your teens are using Cash App for Kids, their deposit limit will be significantly lower than a verified adult profile.
All the seven days and 30 days timeframe will be counted on a rolling basis (for the last 7 or 30 days). Once you reach your daily, 7-day, or 30-day deposit limit, you’ll get a notification on your Cash App.
Do You Need An ID To Deposit Money In Your Cash App?
Many users have previously complained that their Cash App paper money deposit was declined by merchants.
When I tried to look into the issue, most of the cases actually happened due to the unavailability of a valid ID.
Although there are no fixed rules stipulated by Cash App, many of their authorized merchants do ask for a valid ID before they can deposit money in your Cash App account.
It is quite a standard practice in the USA to eliminate the chance of money laundering and fraudulent activities.
So, whenever you go to the nearest merchant for a paper money deposit, do carry a valid government-issued ID, such as a driving license.
Bonus: Do you know that you can now win online gaming tournaments and get your prize money right on your Cash App? Check out our list of high-paying Cash App games in 2023, and start winning!
Can You Load Your Cash Card Online?
Yes, it is possible to load your Cash Card online through the Cash App itself. But you cannot deposit paper money on Cash App.
It is easy to load the balance on your Cash App account!
- Step 1: Launch Cash App on your smartphone.
- Step 2: Tap on the “My Cash” option located at the bottom-left corner.
- Step 3: Tap on the “Add Cash” button on the next page.
- Step 4: Select among various pre-fixed denominations (from $5 to $1,000) or enter the amount manually.
- Step 5: Enter your Cash App pin to confirm the transaction.
- Step 6: The balance will immediately start displaying on your Cash App.
Bonus: Are you tired of using the same 80s-looking debit card for ages? Here are some unique Cash App card designs for styling up your Cash Card in no time!
What To Do If Deposited Paper Money Is Not Showing On Cash App?
If you deposit paper money through an authorized merchant of Cash App, the balance is likely to show up within an hour in most cases. But at times, it may not show up.
There are four steps you can take if the deposited paper money is not showing up on Cash App.
- Wait For The Processing Time: According to Cash App, the deposit processing can vary from an hour to a couple of business days. So, you might need to wait for some time if the authorized merchant confirms that the money is deposited from their side.
- Check The Deposit Information & Barcode: You need to verify the deposit information that you have given to the merchant while loading your Cash App. Check your barcode again.
- Verify Your Cash App Balance: Check your Cash App balance and verify if the deposit is already reflected in your account. If not, check every few hours.
- Contact Cash App Customer Support: If your deposit is still not showing after a few days, you need to contact customer support. You can do it by tapping the “Support” button on your Cash App, or you can directly call them at 1 (800) 969-1940.
Note: Scammers may contact you with fake receipts and tell you that the deposit is completed. To stay secure from this ongoing scam, check out my latest guide on how to spot a fake Cash App payment screenshot like a pro!
Cash App is great, and there is no doubt about it! It gives you amazing Cash App Boosts to get a handsome discount on your regular purchases. Besides, they also offer sweepstakes each Friday called #CashAppFriday.
And with the Cash App paper money deposit feature, this app becomes even more versatile. But try to deposit cash in bulk to avoid multiple transaction charges, as it can be up to $4/transaction.
Don’t forget to visit the merchant with a valid ID as well, as they can deny loading your Cash App without it.
Why Is There No Paper Money Option On My Cash App Account?
The paper money option is not showing up on your Cash App, possibly due to your unverified account. So, start by verifying your account with your name, date of birth, and social security number.
You may also need to update your Cash App, as the latest features are only added through update patches.
How Do You Deposit A Check On Cash App?
To deposit a check on Cash App, tap on your account balance in the bottom-left corner. Now, tap on the “Deposit” option and then on the “Check” option.
Take snaps of both the front and back of the check with your back camera. Finally, enter the issuing date and amount on the check.
Can You Deposit Cash In A Cash App ATM?
No, you cannot deposit cash or paper money in a Cash App ATM. These ATMs are only for withdrawing money from your Cash App account.
To deposit paper cash, you need to visit any of the authorized merchants and show them your Cash App barcode.
What Is The Limit For Cash Deposit In the USA?
You can cash deposit up to $10,000 if you are a permanent citizen. But to deposit more than $10,000, you must submit Form 8300, according to IRS.
You may also need to submit the currency transaction report if you are depositing cash in bulk.
Can You Add Paper Money To The Cash App At Walmart?
Yes, you can add paper money to Cash App at Walmart, as they are an authorized merchant of Cash App.
Visit the customer support desk or money centers in Walmart, show them your barcode, and they will deposit the cash on your Cash App.
If you want even more ideas for making money, consider checking our posts on:
- 47 Proven Ways To Get Free Money Right Now – [$2000 FREE Money]
- 40 Apps To Sign Up And Get Money [Up To $500 Instant Bonuses]
- 25 Sites Like InboxDollars For Extra Cash [+ Signup Bonuses]