Along with the advancement in digital technology, there is also progressed demand for online education. More and more vacancies are created in this field to meet the demand of rising online students.
Several companies around the globe now offer splendid opportunities for both online teachers and students. And, here goes the detailed and in-depth Education First review.
Education First Review & Complete Guide 2020
The online education market is proliferating with the expansion of internet coverage all over the world. Besides, the increasing number of smartphone users worldwide is also among the biggest contributing factors to this rise.
And, Education First is one such company that has not only been working for a very long time in the education industry but has also established its reputation as one of the trusted platforms for both the teacher and students alike.
Here goes the complete Education First review to give you the full confidence to start working for this company.
About Education First
Headquartered in the Lucerne city of Switzerland, this company started its operation in 1965. It is founded by Bertil Hult and is currently held privately by the Hult family.
EF Education First currently has more than 55k permanent and remote employees spreading over 116 countries worldwide. Besides online education, it also specializes in cultural exchange and academic degree programs.
This company also published the famous EF English Proficiency Index annually that states the English language skills of each country on this blue planet.
Need Easy & Extra $300/Mo For Free?
Education First ESL Job Requirements
First, you need to understand that it offers remote positions for talented teachers only. So, the educational criteria are pretty high.
Apart from this, you also need to fulfill the technical requirements that are necessary for online teaching. The personal and technical requirements are as follows:
- You need to be a native-English speaker with at least a bachelor’s degree in any discipline from an accredited university.
- All the online teachers should have at least 40 hours of TEFL certification.
- As this company has a vast student base in China, you need to be available according to the Chinese time zone.
- You must have excellent communication skills with a proper understanding of handling kids.
- You need an updated desktop or laptop, preferably based on Windows or Mac operating systems.
- All the teachers should have a stable and high-speed internet connection, preferably wired.
- You need to have a good headset with a noise cancellation feature to communicate with your students.
- You should have an HD webcam for the video classes that may need to conduct.
So, these are the primary requirements we have mentioned in this Education First review that you need to abide by before applying for this position. Besides, you will also get the preference if you already have experience in the online teaching field.
Education First Benefits
It is one of the oldest and most prominent players in the online education market. So, you’ll have good exposure in this sector while working for this company.
However, there are several other benefits that you will have while working for this company, get more details below through various sections of education first review:
- You will have the chance to earn around $20 per hour on average without leaving the comfort of your home.
- You will never face any shortage of students as it assures a vast job bank for online tutors.
- It offers the most common language options in the world. So, you will have enough flexibility to choose your preferred subject.
- Although you need to go through complete background verification, you don’t need to pay anything for that.
Besides the remote vacancies, this company now also offers full-time vacancies for enthusiastic teachers. You need to surf its career page to grab the opportunity only if you have any EF office in your native city.
Education First Careers / Hiring Process
The hiring process is straightforward, although you need to comply with all the requirements that we have already mentioned above. You can directly apply on its website as it has a dedicated career page.
You need to submit your updated resume describing your educational qualification and experience. After that, you may have to go through a telephonic interview session.
After completing all these steps, you have to go through a complete background verification process before getting the final joining approval.
Working At Education First
The most in-demand subject in Education First is English. And, thousands of students from the eastern part of the world, especially China, now opt for this platform to learn English.
So, you need to be available during peak hours, according to the Chinese standard time. If you live in the USA and follow New York Time, then the schedule of classes are as follows:
- Peak time: 6 AM to 8:30 AM (From Monday to Friday).
- Regular classes: Starts from 4 AM in all the seven days of the week.
- Evening classes: 9 PM to 10:30 PM (From Monday to Saturday).
- Night classes: 9 PM to 9 AM the next day (Friday, Saturday, and Sunday).
You will not only get more students at this particular time but also have your chance to earn surge bonuses. All of your classes could be one-to-one or for a group of students, depending on your preference.
Education First Pay Rates
The base rate is around $13.2 per hour on average for all the online teachers on Education First. However, you can earn several kinds of regular bonuses if you choose the right timing. The additional payment structures are as follows.
- Surge hours from 6 AM to 8:30 AM and 9 PM to 10:30 PM: Base Rate + $2.8 bonus per hour.
- No show bonus for not canceling any classes in a cycle of 24 hours: Base Rate + $2 bonus per hour.
- The 45 bonus if you complete more than 45 classes: Base Rate + $2 bonus per hour.
The class duration in Education First is 30 minutes. And, you’ll get additional bonuses if you complete a certain number of classes in this company. The milestone bonuses are as follows.
- Complete 200 classes: $100 Bonus.
- Complete 400 classes: $200 Bonus.
- More than 1000 classes: $500 Bonus.
- More than 2000 classes: $1000 Bonus.
Besides all this, you will also have your chance to earn performance bonuses depending on your rating given by your students. A good teacher can earn around $30 per hour on an average if he or she works sincerely.
When Education First Pays
This company currently pays according to the monthly cycle. You will receive your earnings in the next month. Suppose you work from 1st March to 31st March, then you will receive your payment by April.
Education First currently pays all its teachers through their linked PayPal account. So, you need to have your own PayPal account to receive the monthly payment.
Related Post: 23 Legit Ways To Earn Free PayPal Money Fast [2020 Update].
Pros & Cons of Education First
There are several benefits to working for this Switzerland-based education company. However, there are a couple of disadvantages too. So, the most prominent pros and cons of this Education First review are as follows.
- You can earn as high as $30 per hour, including bonuses if you work sincerely.
- This company assures complete flexibility in choosing the teaching schedule.
- You can either take it as a full-time or a part-time opportunity depending on your preference.
- Education First assures timely payment to all of its online tutors.
Drawbacks of Education First
- You need to have at least 40 hours of ‘Teaching English as a Foreign Language’ certification.
- You need a stable internet connection for ease of communication.
- All the teachers must go through a complete background verification process that can take time.
- There are no weekly or daily payment options available as of now.
Besides all these, you’ll also have good exposure in the online education market. And while working for Education First, you’ll also get to know about the dos and don’ts of this profession.
Education First Alternatives
There are now several companies available all over the world that now offer legit online teaching jobs. Some of the most notable among those are:
Besides the live classes, you can also opt for homework help or exam preparation for the kids. These jobs, too, will pay quite similar to the online teaching profession.
Alternate Jobs To Education First Teaching
- Transcription Jobs (If you have the ability to convert audio into a textual format, this section is for you. One can make around $10-$25+ an hour even as a beginner).
- Proofreading Jobs (When you can able to find the errors, mistakes in the content and clear them, join here with no doubt and earn up to $12-20+ an hour without prior experience).
- Chatting Jobs (Till now you might have opted chatting for spending time, now spend wisely to earn money. Make anything around $10-$15+ per hour chatting with new people).
- Play Games Online (Bored? Opting games to pass your time? Here is the way where you can compensate both along with earning money by playing games online. )
Claim Your $5 Signup Bonus Now!
Wanna make some quick money? Sign up for these below offers to make $10 – $20 real cash in the next few minutes.
- InboxDollars ($5 instant signup bonus & get paid to watch videos and play games).
- SurveyJunkie (Top-rated, short, and easy surveys. Up to $3 – $7 per each task).
- OpinionCity (Up to $100 per survey & browse all high-paying offers at one place).
- Pinecone Research (Up to $3 – $5 per each survey & $7 per each product test).
You need to have excellent communication skills and the knowledge to handle kids to shine in this profession. If you work hard and assure full sincerity, then you can earn quite the right amount of money from this profession.
And, we hope that our detailed Education First review will help you to choose your dream job.