If you have ever looked for a stable work from home opportunity, the question that must have baffled you is, are they even legitimate? There are tons of fake jobs flooding the market.
Some of them are genuine. Besides your 9 to 5 job, you can make some quick extra bucks by doing a super-flexible work-from-home job.
Moreover, these jobs let you choose and work on projects that you like at your convenience. ModSquad claims to be one of those companies. This company offers social media moderator jobs.
But is it legit or a scam? We are going to discuss just that in this detailed ModSquad review.
Need Easy & Extra $300/Mo For Free?
About ModSquad Company
ModSquad is a social media moderation service-based company founded by Amy Pritchard. It was established in 2007.
It has offices in the United States, the United Kingdom, and the Philippines, but it provides work from home opportunities to individuals all over the world.
To get this opportunity, candidates have to possess a high-speed internet connection. The company also offers its employees to choose their own working schedules and projects they want to work on.
ModSquad hires freelancers from almost every location in the world. They hire employees for customer support, community management, forum moderation as well as social media management.
All cash transactions are carried out via PayPal. Many big brands and companies frequently reach out to ModSquad to help maintain their online presence.
Some of these brands are NFL, Warner Bros, Showtime, A&E, Harper Collins, and PBS Kids. These are just some of the big names that have bestowed their digital reputation in the hands of ModSquad.
So, it is almost guaranteed that if you start working with ModSquad, you too could work with these big companies. The best thing about the company is, the registration is absolutely free.
The company pulls out all the stops to get jobs for all new mods and get them going as soon as possible.
ModSquad Work from Home Requirements
This company offers work from home opportunities even to individuals living in the remotest parts of the world. Here are some requirements for getting selected as an independent contractor at ModSquad.
- The individual must have their own PC or laptop.
- The individual must have a strong and reliable high-speed internet connection.
- The contractor ought to have a dedicated field of work.
- The person should have a workspace that is private and noiseless.
- The individual must possess the necessary special skills or equipment to perform a certain task if the task demands it.
If you meet all the above requirements, you could easily land a freelance work-from-home job at ModSquad. This way, you can start earning in your spare time.
What Do Mods Do?
Before you start working with ModSquad, you should have a basic idea of the tasks that you will need to perform. As a ModSquad employee, you will have to take certain responsibilities.
Here is the list of tasks you must perform after joining ModSquad:
- Help with the digital channel operations of various companies and brands.
- Act as a forum moderator and filter out spam.
- Chat live with customers through social media and VOIP.
- Sending emails to different clients.
- Take the responsibility of a community manager.
- Act as a social media manager to help the companies maintain their online presence.
- Assist the company as a customer support executive.
- Work at the help desk of the organization.
- Act as a virtual assistant.
- Ensure that you follow the rules and regulations of the company. So that peace and order remain intact inside the community.
ModSquad Interview & Hiring Process Review
Applying for a freelance job at ModSquad is very easy and takes only a little time. Here I’ve mentioned the exact process to join as a freelancer, first all you have to do here is visit their official website.
On their website, click on the red tab that says “Join The Mods” and then click on “Start Here.” After that, you need to attach your CV and provide the necessary details about yourself.
The required details are your name, email ID, contact number, company name, and social media links. You also need to answer some questions and attach a cover letter.
You will receive an email from the company within three days informing you whether your application for the job got selected or not.
To start working, you need to complete the agreement and pass a mandatory pre-employment screening. If the company has a specific orientation, you will have to give that before starting the work.
However, not all companies have this kind of orientation to pass before you can start a new job. If you formerly worked for the company but pulled yourself out of it, you would need to join the company again and complete the whole application process anew.
As long as you possess a decent CV, it is very much possible for you to land the job. ModSquad will always try to provide you with a job, even if one was not at hand when you applied.
ModSquad Salary & Benefits?
This is the major part where the people used to post more queries, So we tried to state the probabilities of pay rate clearly in this ModSquad review.
Mainly the amount you can earn by working with ModSquad as an independent freelance contractor is variable. ModSquad moderator payscale relies on multiple factors such as:
- The demand for your skills.
- Your availability, work schedule, and the time you can allot to your freelance work.
- The project duration.
- Your past performance on various jobs.
- The type of services the customer desires.
- The desired skill level of the client.
However, on average, you can earn around $11 – $20 per hour. This is big when you compare it with similar online work from home jobs. Moreover, it has the potential to get more significant if you choose to work for a more extended period.
When Will I Get Paid?
At ModSquad, Payments are based on a monthly basis. The contractors are paid conveniently through PayPal.
However, you should keep in mind that the company does not pay overtime wages to the contractors.
ModSquad Review – Pros And Cons
Before getting into this job, clearly review this section of ModSquad review to learn details about the pros and cons of ModSquad.
Pros of Working With ModSquad
- While working with ModSquad, you have the opportunity to select the type of job that you want to do. Be it customer support or any other job; you can do the job that you prefer doing.
- You can get the chance to work whenever you want at your convenience. The flexible working schedules make this option preferable for the candidates.
- Learning, along with earning, is the best feature of working with ModSquad. As this is a global platform, you can work on different projects and learn a lot of things. That will be an advantage in your future career, indeed.
- ModSquad offers you the opportunity to work on different projects simultaneously. This way, you can gather more experience within a limited period.
Cons of Working With ModSquad
- The company does provide training sessions for the candidates. That’s one of the major disadvantages of ModSquad.
- If you’re looking for a permanent or dependable source of income, ModSquad must not be your choice. This platform is good for freelancing or side earning. But, you shouldn’t expect consistent earnings from ModSquad.
- The amounts that ModSquad pays for assignments are not up to the mark.
These are the main pros and cons of working with ModSquad. You must consider all these factors before you start working with ModSquad.
Is ModSquad Legit or a Scam?
Based on our research, we can say that ModSquad is a legit company, not a fraudulent one. There is no major complaint against the authenticity or payment cycle of the company. That’s why we find ModSquad as a legitimate company with work from home opportunities.
ModSquad has thousands of contractors from different countries of the world. You will find a lot of positive reviews on the main website of the company.
In fact, some people mentioned that the pay is a bit low in their reviews, but that didn’t stop them from working for ModSquad because of its time flexibility and variety of projects.
If you are planning to start a side hustle for the first time, this company is a good place to start your career. As you get experience, you either end up earning more hourly wage or moving to another company that pays better pay rates.
You can start working with this company if you are okay with their payment structure.
Alternative Companies Like ModSquad
You will find several online companies that provide work from home opportunities to freelancers and contractors.
These companies function in similar ways as ModSquad does.
ICUC Moderation Services
This social media management company has been in the industry for a long time. This online company pays freelancers up to $11 per hour for online moderation jobs.
This Australian work from the home company has occupied a good position among all companies within a short period. You can join Quiip as a social media moderator to earn extra money in your leisure.
Crisp Thinking is one of the leading online work from home companies that offer up to $14 per hour for online moderator jobs.
ModSquad is a great platform to kickstart your career as a professional freelancer. So here comes to the end of our detailed ModSquad review, If you’re looking for freelance projects, visit the official website of ModSquad.
Hope we’ve covered all the required things. Take a look at this article, if you are looking for other work from home jobs with decent pay rates.
Read Our Popular Articles: