Online transcription jobs are heavily in-demand now. And TranscribeMe is one of the key players in the industry. But can you really decide the good and bad about this company without relying on a legit and tested TranscribeMe review from a first-party user?
So, here we will unfold our TranscribeMe review to guide you to the right path and also to help you have a successful career in transcription. And do you know how we can do that? We have tried this company with our profiles before coming to any conclusion.
But, before we start talking about the workflows, project availability, and expected payment, let’s understand what this company is all about.
Need Easy & Extra $300/Mo For Free?
Survey Junkie – Earn up to $50 per survey & a fixed $1.50 per referral. Sign up here.
Opinion Outpost: Get paid up to $30 per answering simple questions. Join now.
Branded Surveys: Paid over 35 Million. Earn up to $25 per survey. Signup now.
Inbox Dollars: Get paid to watch videos. One already made $75 within a week. $10 Signup bonus.
Pinecone Research: Up to $3 – $5 per survey & $9 per product test. Join now for FREE.
What Is TranscribeMe?
Founded way back in 2011, TranscribeMe is currently headquartered in California with its nationwide presence.
Besides, they have recently started their operations in New Zealand and Singapore as well, to capture a significant stake in the global transcription market.
But transcription is not the only service they are offering right now, as they also have enough expertise in editing and proofreading services. And this company is currently hiring enthusiastic WFH agents to join their team of expert transcribers and proofreaders.
The fundamental is simple; you just need to type out the exact words that you listen to a video or audio file that they will give you. And in return, you get decent pay on a per-word or per-project basis.
So, without any doubt, this one is truly among the best companies that offer online transcription jobs. And if you consider the TranscribeMe reviews on BBB, you can find ample proofs to support this claim of the company itself!
How Does TranscribeMe Work?
Although it sounds simple, the entire transcription process on TranscribeMe is divided into several segments with a lot of human involvement.
Besides, they also use sophisticated speech engines to aid their working procedure. But the general procedures are as follows.
- Step 1: Moderators check the audio/video file after receiving it from the end clients with advanced speech recognition software based on the Nuance engine.
- Step 2: They then split the entire file into several segments ranging from a few seconds to a few minutes, depending on the length of the original file.
- Step 3: Moderators then upload those split pieces into the job board called WorkHub.
- Step 4: Freelance transcribers take those pieces from the Workhub and submit that on the same platform after typing those out.
- Step 5: Moderators then manually check those transcriptions with the original audio/video file to ensure accuracy.
- Step 6: Once the checking procedure is done, the moderators combine those fragmented pieces to make a single output file to deliver to the end client.
At times, the moderators may go for the second round of checking and editing, especially if the audio file is lengthy or the output file has several revisions in it.
Is TranscribeMe Legit?
While I personally talked to a few of the budding transcribers and told them about this company, the first thing that popped into their minds is whether TranscribeMe legit or not. Trust me; this one is an absolutely legit company that has been in operation for more than a decade now.
And it has already proved its worth as one of the best WFH companies that pay weekly for their projects.
Yes, the payment terms are transparent, and they are apt on the frequency as well. It is also the most popular among seasoned transcribers due to the overall project availability.
But yes, they often take up challenging transcription projects at times, such as an English lecture by a Russian professor with her unusual Siberian accent. And if you need to decode and transcribe that, it is truly a pain to bear!
However, you will mostly get easy projects as a beginner as they themselves don’t rely on the newbies in terms of the tough projects.
Looking For A Better Transcription Platform? – Check Our Detailed Quicktate Review In 2023!
TranscribeMe Job Requirements
Before you proceed further with the TranscribeMe job reviews, you need to understand that they have specific requirements that you must abide by to get transcription projects. And those are as follows.
- Every candidate should at least have a high-school diploma or equivalent.
- All the candidates should have native-level English proficiency with an apt grammatical understanding.
- Each candidate should have excellent hand-ear coordination.
- You must have the ability to filter out sound from background noises.
As you can see, the requirements are pretty elementary when you talk about TranscribeMe. And honestly, that makes it a perfect choice for beginners as well!
TranscribeMe Equipment Requirements
The educational background and the personal abilities are not all to get absorbed in TranscribeMe, as you also need a few specialized types of equipment.
So, before we proceed further with the TranscribeMe review, let’s talk about their technical requirements first.
- You need the latest computer with a high-speed and reliable internet
- All the candidates should have high-quality over-the-ear headphones, preferably with a noise cancellation feature.
- Each candidate should have a quiet workplace, free from any background noise.
Although it is not necessary, you better invest in a high-quality foot pedal. That will not just streamline your workflow but will assure you better accuracy in lesser TAT.
Like any other transcription job, TranscribeMe also wants you to be as accurate as you can be. However, they only allow up to 30% of your job to be corrected by the editor and proofreader.
So, you must have at least 70% accuracy in your projects to become eligible for the payment.
So, you can easily get paid to type online once you attain at least 70% accuracy in any of your projects from the TranscribeMe Workhub.
FREE Transcription Training Workshop
Prior training is a must for any beginner transcriptionist, and going through the right training before applying for a job will ease the process of getting a good job.
Many people struggle to find the right people to learn from, but they give up early if they don’t find them early. To help you guys with this, we did the job and found the best course to get started as a beginner.
This FREE Mini-Transcription Workshop by Janel Shaughnessy will help you to accumulate the required knowledge and get a job.
Thousands of students have already registered for this course and made a career out of it. Now, it’s your turn to get started.
TranscribeMe Application And Hiring Process
Although it is not a lengthy or tricky procedure to deal with, you need to cross a few steps. And in a broad spectrum, you can divide the entire application and hiring process of TranscribeMe into three different segments.
- Step 1 | Application: You need to visit their site and fill up an online application form describing a few of your essential details to create a new account.
- Step 2 | Video Guide: Once you create an account on this platform, you need to watch a short explanatory video describing how the transcription process actually works.
- Step 3 | The Entrance Test: After you get an idea about how they operate, you need to take a test to prove your effectiveness. You need to take a multiple-choice quiz followed by a short live transcription.
Although many of us have exam fears even after leaving academic life a mile beyond, the TranscribeMe exam is easier than it sounds. So, don’t worry about the exam part!
The TranscribeMe Exam
In any transcription job, you need to have English proficiency and accurate typing skill. And in TranscribeMe, they check just that through their unique entrance test. And even while the existing user gives their TranscribeMe app reviews, they mainly focus on the user-friendliness of this exam.
First, you need to appear on a multi-choice quiz to prove your proficiency in English. You will be judged based on your grammatical, syntactical, and punctuational skills.
And second, you need to transcribe a short 2-minute audio file live! It is to understand your typing speed and accuracy. But don’t worry; you can reappear after a 30-day waiting period even if you fail this test.
Workflow Of TranscribeMe
Once you open an account and then pass the test, you’ll receive a welcome mail from their side with your complete login details. And then, you can start your journey with the following steps.
- Step 1: You need to log in to the TranscribeMe Workhub with the right credential.
- Step 2: There will be tons of fragmented audio and video pieces that you can take.
- Step 3: Once you are done with the transcription process, you need to submit it on the same platform.
- Step 4: A moderator will then check your file and will approve it once you have at least 70% accuracy.
- Step 5: Once they approve the submitted file, you’ll get the overall calculation of your earnings, followed by the payment disbursal itself.
But yes, they don’t delay from their side to release your payment. And that quality made it one of the best WFH jobs that pay weekly and on time.
How Much Can You Earn On TranscribeMe?
This entire TranscribeMe review will be incomplete if you can’t understand what could be your potential earnings if you join this company, isn’t it? Although the rate is not fixed, you can expect around $0.30 to $0.33/audio minute.
This rate can go to $20/audio hour for specialized transcription. On top of that, they also assure a $2 bonus per hour for successful complementation.
So, your final earnings will be around $22/audio hour. If you take 4 minutes to transcribe one audio minute, your actual earnings will be about $5 to $6 per hour.
Looking For A Better Opportunity? – Check Out Our Detailed Rev Transcription Review To Earn More!
Is TranscribeMe a legal company?
Headquartered in San Francisco, California, TranscribeMe has been in the transcription industry since 2011.
And now, they usually have 4+ ratings on Glassdoor to prove their trustworthiness. So, without any doubt, they are an absolutely legit company to work with.
Is working at TranscribeMe worth it?
If you are a beginner, TranscribeMe is definitely worth a try! It is not just beginner-friendly but also has a dedicated team of support staff.
However, you can’t cross the $6/hour mark as a newbie in this transcription industry.
Do people make money on TranscribeMe?
Since its establishment, TranscribeMe has already catered to thousands of its global clients while having tons of credible transcribers on its side.
And they now pay a guaranteed amount of $20/audio hour base pay with a $2/audio hour bonus. And they release the payment each Thursday.
How much can you earn with TranscribeMe?
As a newcomer in this industry, you can expect to make around $18 to $22/audio hour while working with TranscribeMe.
However, seasoned transcribers can even fetch up to $60/audio hour for specialized projects. And in general, you can expect around $6 to $10/work hour.
TranscribeMe Review – Conclusion
With a 4+ rating on Glassdoor and a 3.5+ rating on Indeed, TranscribeMe is truly a genuine company to work with.
However, you shouldn’t expect more than $8 to $10/hour in actual earnings from this company. But yes, they are apt about their on-time payment.
So, that’s all about this TranscribeMe Review, folks! We hope we have guided you on the right path. But, if you still feel something is still left out, feel free to tell us in the comment box below.
Our Popular Posts:
40 Life-Changing Opportunities To Start A New Career At 40 [Must Read!]
I Need Money Now: 52 Legal Ways To Get FREE Money