There is no doubt that jewelry will be your best friend when you get into any financial trouble. Jewelry is among the few things that sell instantly and ensure the best price possible. But do you know where to sell jewelry these days?
From Worthy or RealReal, there are now many online options available where you can sell your jewelry safely and securely. And if you don’t trust online platforms, you can try pawn shops and consignment stores.
However, these are not the only options we have. But before we reveal those, let’s first understand the best ways to sell jewelry these days to fetch the best price possible.
Need Easy & Extra $300/Mo For Free?
Survey Junkie – Earn up to $50 per survey & a fixed $1.50 per referral. Sign up here.
Opinion Outpost: Get paid up to $30 per answering simple questions. Join now.
Branded Surveys: Paid over 35 Million. Earn up to $25 per survey. Signup now.
Inbox Dollars: Get paid to watch videos. One already made $75 within a week. $10 Signup bonus.
Pinecone Research: Up to $3 – $5 per survey & $9 per product test. Join now for FREE.
Tips For Selling Jewelry Online
Gold and diamonds are definitely among the best physical assets to buy. And when I was searching for where to sell jewelry near me, I learned about certain tricks to safeguard your transactions and fetch the best price.
You can also follow these tips to ensure a hassle-free selling experience.
- Hire a certified independent appraiser to evaluate your jewelry rightly.
- If you have any jewelry that has antique value, it is better to opt for an auction.
- If you have junk jewelry, it is better to sell it at the scrap value of the valuable metal.
- Always clean and polish your jewelry first before dispatching it to any company.
- If you are selling any diamond jewelry, describe the size (carat), color, cut, and clarity.
- You must also mention whether it is natural or artificial in the case of diamonds.
Being confident about your jewelry is not the only thing you need, as you must also have confidence on the platform where you want to sell the jewelry.
So, it is better to research the platform beforehand to be on the safer side.
Where to Sell Jewelry Online – 10 Best Online Stores
Not just in jewelry shops, you can now even sell your valuable jewelry through online marketplaces. But not every platform is trustworthy.
So, here goes our top picks if you don’t know where to sell jewelry online these days.
1. Worthy (Our top recommendation)
If you don’t know where to sell jewelry online, Worthy should be the first place you need to try. However, this platform only allows jewelry worth more than $1.5k/piece.
You can fetch the best amount possible for your jewelry, as this website works on an auction model where the highest bidder takes the jewelry.
Once you list any item on Worthy, it will automatically evaluate your jewelry to fix a base auctioning price. However, you can change the base price if you think you are wrongly assessed.
How It Works
- Once you create a free account and list your item, you’ll get an estimated quotation.
- If you agree with the quote, you need to fill up the shipping form.
- After you receive the insured shipping kit, you need to ship your jewelry through it.
- You can expect to make more money in the auctioning model.
- Professional cleaning and appraisal service to make your jewelry auction ready.
- You’ll get shipment insurance worth up to $100k.
- You need to pay up to 15% commission.
- It can take up to 14 working days to complete the auctioning process.
- Not every auction here gets the highest price.
Hot Deal You Must Grab For Quick Cash!
|Over 3 million surveys every month||More than 3 million trusted users|
|2 million+ happy earners worldwide||Paid over $35 million to users|
|Pays out $400,000 every month||Simple yet high-paying surveys|
|Pays $1 per referral||Earn 100 Points Signup Bonus|
|SIGNUP NOW||SIGNUP NOW|
2. Cash For Gold USA
Not just gold, you can even sell silver and platinum jewelry through this unique platform called Cash For Gold USA. However, you can only sell those if they have at least 8k carats.
Besides, it is probably the only platform that lets you sell even your pricey dental attachments.
Joining this platform is simple, as you can expect instant approval with 24-hour appraisal service.
How It Works
- Once you list any item, you’ll receive a FedEx prepaid shipment with $5k worth of insurance.
- After they receive your jewelry, you’ll receive a quotation from a certified appraiser within 24 hours.
- If you are happy, you can accept the offer. Otherwise, they will send back your jewelry for free.
- You can sell almost any item that contains gold or platinum.
- Each of their FedEx shipments is insured for up to $5k/piece.
- This company has a free-of-charge return policy.
- Usually, they don’t accept precious diamond jewelry.
- The price quotation often seems a little too low.
- The entire return process can take up to 2 weeks if you don’t accept the offer.
3. Cash For Diamonds US
Many people don’t know where to sell diamond jewelry. Cash For Diamonds USA is one such platform where you can easily sell your valuable piece of diamond.
It is the brainchild of CJ Environmental Inc., which also launched the Cash For Gold USA platform.
From platinum wedding rings to vintage jewelry, you can sell almost anything as long as it contains diamonds.
How It Works
- You’ll receive a prepaid shipment box once you list any diamond jewelry on this platform.
- Once they receive your shipment, a certified appraiser will evaluate your shipment by following the GIA appraisal standards once they receive it.
- You’ll get a price quotation within 24 hours. And if you don’t like the price, you’ll get your diamond jewelry back without any charge.
- You can sell almost anything that contains diamonds.
- Users tend to get the best rate possible, depending on the variant of their diamonds.
- It has a cash payment option if you are looking for faster cash out.
- You’ll get only the material price, not the market price.
- It can take weeks if you return your jewelry.
- It doesn’t give the best price for loose diamonds.
4. The Diamond Valet
The Diamond Valet is another excellent platform where you can confidently sell your diamond jewelry if you need money now.
But not just diamonds; this company also buys luxury watches and other precious wearables. It also offers a complimentary evaluation service.
So, if you have any valuable piece of diamond or have any limited-edition watches from reputed brands like Rolex or Cartier, you’ll surely get the best price here.
How It Works
- Once you list any item, you need to fill in the evaluation form to generate a shipping label.
- After they receive your item, you’ll receive your quotation with appraisal within 24 hours.
- If you don’t accept the offer within 10 working days, you’ll get the item back without any charge.
- It takes just a day to receive your quotation from this company.
- You don’t need to take part in any complicated paperwork.
- You’ll get your check through USPS First Class Mail or FedEx 2nd Day Delivery.
- Only buys high-end watches from reputed brands.
- Not many customer reviews are available online.
- You may not get the right price if you opt for a virtual appraisal service.
5. WP Diamonds
WP Diamonds could be your one-stop shop if you don’t know where to sell jewelry online. Besides diamond studded jewelry, this company also pays the best price for loose diamonds.
However, it will depend on the clarity, cut, shape, and size.
And not only diamonds, but you can also even sell high-end luxury watches, pricey handbags, and other limited-edition wearables.
How It Works
- Once you request a mailer kit through the website, you’ll receive a shipment pack from FedEx with a prepaid shipping label.
- After they receive your shipment, a certified appraiser will evaluate the jewelry and give you a quote.
- You’ll receive a check if you accept the offer. Otherwise, you’ll get back your diamond jewelry at no extra charge.
- They generally deliver a price quote within 24 hours of receiving your shipment.
- Each of the shipments has insurance worth up to $100k/piece.
- You can even physically visit a WP Diamonds store to get cash.
- Only available in the USA, UK, and Hong Kong.
- A customer representative will confirm your item before you get the prepaid label.
- The complete return process can take up to weeks.
Hot Deal You Must Grab For Quick Cash!
|9+ Ways to make money||Get paid to shop and refer friends|
|Gives out 7000 free gift cards every day||Make up to $50 per survey|
|Paid over $700 million to its members||Pays $25 per referral|
|$10 instant signup bonus||Claim up to 40% discounts and gift cards|
|SIGNUP NOW||SIGNUP NOW|
6. Ruby Lane
There is no doubt that Ruby Lane is among the best places to sell jewelry near me. And not just jewelry; you can sell art, antiques, and even collectibles on this platform.
And if you want to sell Pokémon cards online, it is among the most trusted platforms to try.
This company currently receives more than 1 million unique visitors a month. So, you’ll get a lot of exposure in front of prospective buyers.
How It Works
- Create a free account on this platform, follow the guidelines to take photos of your jewelry, and upload them.
- Add proper description, shipping terms, and other charges for your listed product.
- Once anyone buys it, you’ll receive your payment instantly (excluding the listing fee)
- This website receives a huge number of unique visits each month.
- You can set your own price for each of your listed items.
- You can also prefix the shipping price of your individual item.
- You can only sell jewelry worth at least $250/piece.
- This company doesn’t accept jewelry if it is more than 20 years old.
- You will only get the best price if your jewelry is marked with a luxury or designer brand.
7. Circa (formerly Mondiamo)
Circa exclusively deals with valuable diamond jewelry and loose diamonds. And it is widely recognized for giving the best price quotation possible for your valuable items.
You also don’t need to pay any charge to deliver your item, as you’ll be receiving a prepaid shipping label.
This is probably the only company that gives you the option not to sell the precious metal where your diamonds are set in.
How It Works
- Once you fill in the product information form, you’ll receive an instant projected offer.
- If you are happy with it, you can generate a prepaid shipping label to ship your diamond jewelry.
- After receiving the shipment, it will give you the final cash offer you can accept or reject.
- You’ll get an estimated quotation even before shipping your jewelry.
- Besides cash, you can also cash out through Circa and Blue Nile gift cards.
- You can receive up to 120% of the final quotation if you opt for a gift card.
- The final offer often mismatches with the initial offer.
- If you opt for a check, it can take days to get it.
- A bit slower customer service.
8. The RealReal
The RealReal is the place to know if you ask where to sell jewelry these days. And not just jewelry; you can sell almost any high-end, luxury, and antique item through this site.
Besides, it is also among the best platforms to try if you are looking for apps to sell clothes online.
If you don’t trust the online method, you can also visit their stores physically to get an instant price quote. It is also the best option if you are looking for quick money.
How It Works
- Generate a shipping label by listing your item on this platform and ship your jewelry through it.
- Once they receive your item, they will give you a price quotation.
- If you accept the price, you’ll get a check. Otherwise, they will return your item.
- Not just diamonds; you can sell almost anything pricey here.
- You don’t need to pay for any shipment or return.
- A representative of this company can also pick up your item from your doorstep.
- They charge up to 60% commission for any item worth below $145.
- The base commission rate is 30% which is on the higher side.
- You need to pay consignment fees to list any item.
Christie’s is definitely a known name in the auction market, where you can easily sell or auction your valuable jewelry.
And you will fetch the best price possible if your jewelry has any antique value or if it is from any high-end luxury brand.
This company organizes at least 24 jewelry auctions each year. However, your jewelry must have an estimated value of more than $2k.
How It Works
- Visit the official website, fill out the information form, and upload HD-quality images of your jewelry.
- You’ll receive a response within 6 weeks, along with the date and location of the auction.
- Once your item sells through an auction, you’ll receive your money within 35 days.
- Auctioning models often fetch a higher price than fixed rates.
- You can be physically present in the London and New York auction.
- A company representative will guide you through packing and shipping.
- Your jewelry may not sell at an auction even if it is listed.
- You may need to wait for months to get a response.
- It doesn’t have any fixed commission or auctioning charges.
If you don’t know where to sell jewelry in the USA, Sotheby’s is the best place you must try this year. And not just jewelry; you can even sell antiques online through this unique platform.
However, your items must be worth at least $2k/piece.
This company is reputed but a bit slow. And you may need to wait for up to a few weeks to get even a response from their side.
How It Works
- Once you fill in the information form on the website, you’ll receive an estimate.
- If you are happy with the price, you need to ship your item to its location (shipping and insurance are not covered).
- After your jewelry sells at a given auction, you’ll receive your money within 35 working days.
- It is among the most reliable auctioning sites with tons of physical locations.
- This company has been in the business for more than two centuries.
- You can also opt for a private sale if you are not comfortable with auctions.
- You can only sell jewelry worth more than $2k/piece.
- Many people had to wait for six months to get their auction date.
- This company doesn’t offer any insurance or prepaid shipment label.
Where to Sell Jewelry Locally Near You – 6 Alternate Options
Not every person is comfortable selling their valuable jewelry online. However, there are many physical places available where you can also try.
But not every option is safe. So, here goes our top picks if you don’t know where to sell jewelry locally near you.
11. Jewelry Stores
You may not know, but your local jewelry will happily buy your items, especially if you quote a lower price than the market value.
However, most jewelry shops these days give you store credit rather than giving direct cash. But yes, you can try reputed jewelry such as Kay Jewelers and Helzberg to have an instant appraisal option.
However, you need to make sure the appraisal is happening according to the gold standard of the Gem Institute of America.
But most physical stores only take specific pieces of jewelry. So, you may not be able to sell it if it has vintage or antique value.
Related: 32 Super Easy Things To Make And Sell Online From Home.
12. Gold Exchange Stores
Gold Exchange Stores can be an ideal option if you don’t know where to sell jewelry physically. The best thing about these stores is that you can sell almost anything if it contains gold, platinum, diamond, or other precious metals or gems.
You can even sell out your gold bullion if you are looking for quick cash.
However, these exchange stores only give you the scrap value of your jewelry, which is way less than the market rate.
Besides, they are most likely to melt your valuable jewelry to check the amount and purity of the precious metal. But yes, most companies will give you an upfront offer before melting your item.
13. Craigslist or Facebook Marketplace
Craigslist is a place where you can sell almost anything locally by giving free classified ads. However, there is no direct sales channel available.
And there are many sites like Craigslist where you can freely list your jewelry to catch the eyes of potential buyers. Besides, you can only make hand-to-hand deals through these platforms.
Facebook Marketplace is another great option if you are searching for the right local buyer. All you need is to list your item on Marketplace by uploading high-quality images.
You can lock that deal and complete physical trade-ins if anyone shows interest. And you also don’t need to pay any price to sell your jewelry through FB Marketplace.
Related: 20 Best Selling Items On Facebook Marketplace [2023 List]
14. Pawn Shops
Not just jewelry: pawn shops are also the best places to sell used shoes, valuable items, old books, and anything antique. If your item has any market value, you can sell it in pawn shops.
And these shops also give you the option to take back your item once you repay them the principal along with interest.
However, you need to rely on your bargaining skills, as you’ll receive a much lower quote from these pawn shops than the current market rate.
You can go to a pawn shop with your appraisal certificate to get the best price possible. But yes, in most cases, you’ll only get the scrape value of your precious metal.
15. Consignment Stores
Consignment stores work quite similarly to pawn shops, although there is a significant difference. You can keep your valuable jewelry displayed at a consignment store by renting a display unit or storage box.
It gives you the freedom to fix the asking price for each of your items. However, you’ll only get your money after your jewelry gets sold.
You also need to pay a hefty price to sell through consignment stores, as these stores tend to charge up to 50% commission on the final selling price.
Besides, getting your items sold through this site can take weeks and months.
Recommended: 17 Best Websites and Apps To Sell Used Clothes Online [2023 Update]
Etsy is among the best marketplaces to sell anything handmade. However, you can also sell your handmade jewelry (even with precious metals) through this fantastic site.
And you must also try this platform if you want to make $300 fast this year, as it offers an instant payment option.
You need to pay a $0.20/item listing fee to get your jewelry displayed at the storefront. However, it will be charged every four months till the time it is listed on the site.
Besides, you also need to pay up to a 5% transaction fee on the final selling price.
Final Thoughts on Where to Sell Jewelry Online
Try to stick to options that give you an estimated quote before you ship your item. Besides, selecting only companies that cover the insurance charge is also necessary to keep your jewelry safe during transit.
Moreover, you must check the users’ reviews before selling your jewelry through any website.
So, these are all the legit places to try if you don’t know where to sell jewelry.
But, if you think we have missed any option or know about other places to sell valuable jewelry, feel free to drop your suggestions and feedback in the comment box below.
Do Check: 47 Proven Ways To Get Free Money Right Now – [$2000 FREE Money]
FAQs on Selling Jewelry Online
Is it worth selling old jewelry?
Yes, it is definitely worth selling old jewelry, as you can claim up to 50% of the original price instantly by doing so.
However, if your old jewelry has any antique value or is from any designer brand, it is better to rely on an auction model rather than opting for a direct sales model to fetch the best price.
Is selling jewelry online a good idea?
You must only sell your jewelry in case of an emergency or if you need quick cash. Because gold, platinum, and diamond jewelry are assets and the price of this jewelry will also inflate over time.
However, if you have decided to do so, online platforms can be a good idea, as they can bypass many hassles and paperwork.
Is it safe to sell jewelry online?
Yes, it is safe to sell jewelry online, as long as the website is trusted and has no bad reputation.
You also need to check if the site is completely secured and encrypted for any transactions. Besides you must also check whether the online shop is following the GIA standards.
Is it better to sell old jewelry to a jewelry store or pawn shop?
Jewelry shops will give you a much better price for your jewelry than pawn shops, as most pawn shops only quote the scrap value of the metal.
However, most jewelry stores nowadays give in-store credit rather than direct cash. So, if you need some quick cash, jewelry shops may not be the best option for you.
Looking For Other Ways to Make Money?
- 43 Legit Cash App Games That Pay Real Money [*PRO List 2023*]
- How To Sell Feet Pics Online For Extra Income [$4K/Month]
- 38 Real Game Apps That Pay Real Money 2023 [Cash or PayPal]
- 40 Apps To Sign Up And Get Money [Up To $500 Instant Bonuses]