‘Financial Freedom’ is what we all thrive on for our whole working career as well as for post-retirement.
Many youngsters will well plan their post-retirement plans besides, many of the retirees also have the same kind of work energy and enthusiasm as a youngster.
Age is just a number, and retirees are those people who proved that over and over again. Many of the retirees now search for part-time or full-time opportunities in the delivery or transportation field.
As said by Helen Brown – After you’re older, two things are more important than any others: Health and Money.
Health is the matter linked to personal interest and financial stature, to achieve this one needs to plan along with the working-age and also post-retirement.
Here to make your job easy we are listing our complete guide to finding the best driving jobs for retirees. Plan well and pick your hospitable one.
Delivery Driving Jobs For Retirees
You need to first decide whether you are looking for part-time or full-time opportunities. Once you decide that, you can then concentrate on selecting the right company to suit your job preference.
So here are the best driving jobs for retirees that you can try with confidence:
1. Amazon Flex
Starting from eCommerce to the Over The Top platform, Amazon is almost dominating the world in several fields. But it also has a strong logistical backbone to support the whole supply chain. And that backbone is Amazon Flex.
It is the delivery part of the Amazon industry with trucks, pickup vans, cars, and even bikes.
Basic Requirements: Although you don’t need to have a specific academic background, this job wants you to have some criteria to fulfill. The requirements are as follows:
- Your car should have all the recent legal documents and insurance.
- You should have your residence identification card or social security number.
- You should have a smartphone, either iOS or Android.
Earning Potential: The basic rate is around $17 per hour, although it can go as high as $25 depending on certain factors. Rates will broadly vary depending on your type of car and your demographic profile.
How To Start? You can simply click here to join as an Amazon Flex Driver. However, you may need to go through a background check. After joining, you need to download the Flex app to start your work.
No one worries when Uber is in your town. It has almost become synonymous with app cabs and ride-sharing around the globe.
And with its rapidly expanding network, it accepts new applications to join the fleet. It is also one of the best driving jobs for retirees.
Basic Requirements: First, check if this app is available in your demographic profile. And secondly, you need to fulfill specific criteria to join Uber that are as follows.
- You need to have your 4-door car to apply for this company.
- You must have a valid driving license with the latest insurance of your vehicle.
- As this company operates through an app, you must have a smartphone.
- You should pass the screening test during the joining process.
Earning Potential: The earning potential depends on several factors, such as the number of rides you are completing each day. However, the average earnings are around $15 per hour in the United States.
How To Start? You need to fill out the joining form by submitting your credentials. Once approved, you will need to download the app and log in with your ID and password.
It is not a delivery company but a car rental service that operates throughout the United States. You need to drive trucks, vans, or cars from the Enterprise warehouse to the rental locations.
Besides, you may occasionally need to drive the customers back to their homes safely.
Basic Requirements: You don’t need to fulfill any academic criteria, but the other requirements are as follows.
- You must be at least 21 years old with a permanent citizenship card in the United States.
- You should have a valid driving license with no accidental records in the past three years.
- This company prefers drivers with previous experience of at least six months.
- You must not have any convictions related to drug or alcohol abuse.
Earning Potential: If you join the company as a full-time driver, you will get all the benefits of an employee. However, if you want to go for a part-time duty, the pay rate is around $9.25 per hour.
How To Start? This website has a dedicated segment for fleet drivers. Click here to submit your credentials. However, you must commit to working between 11 AM and 4 PM Monday through Friday.
Need Easy & Extra $300/Mo For Free?
As the company itself says, it is “The On-The-Way Delivery Network”. It connects drivers who own their cars with people looking to deliver goods.
So, you may be delivering anything from a sofa to a full-size trailer while working for this company.
Basic Requirements: Like all other delivery companies, you don’t need to have any specific academic qualifications. But, the other criteria are as follows.
- This job is only for permanent residents of the United States.
- You should have your car with updated legal papers and insurance.
- You should have a valid driving license with no nuisance records.
Earning Potential: Your earnings will depend on several factors like the type of your car and how far you are delivering the item. However, the local rate is around $5 to $8 per delivery.
How To Start? Click here to sign up with Roadie as a delivery driver. Once accepted, you need to download the app on your smartphone. You can check the available deliveries in your nearby area right on that app.
Uber launched its subsidiary, UberEats, way back in 2014 to provide a hassle-free food delivery system. And since then, it has witnessed huge popularity and rapid growth in several countries around the world.
To cope with that scaling up, it now offers delivery positions to drivers. But it expects a few qualifications/requirements from the recruitees.
Basic Requirements: The best thing about this outfit is that you can complete your food delivery job with whatever vehicle you have. And, the main criteria are as follows.
- You should have your own vehicle, either a two-wheeler or a four-wheeler.
- You should have a valid driving license and legal papers for your car or bike.
- All orders come through the app. So, you need a smartphone with a stable internet connection.
- You may have to go through a background check.
Earnings Potential: Final earnings will depend on three main factors, i.e., pickup charges, drop-off charges, and mileage fees. However, the average earning is around $12 per hour.
How To Start? You can apply directly here by filling out a simple joining form. Once approved, you will need to download the app and activate it with the proper credentials. And voila! You are ready to receive your first order.
If anything is as popular as UberEats, then it is undoubtedly GrubHub that is currently dominating the US market.
Unlike many other food delivery apps, this one lets you take orders even if you don’t have your own car. You can do your delivery job on your motorcycle, scooter, or even bike.
Basic Requirements: As we have already stated, you can use almost any commute to complete your deliveries. However, the essential criteria are as follows.
- You need to be a permanent citizen of the United States to become eligible.
- You should have all the legal papers and insurance for your vehicle along with your driving license.
- Your smartphone should have a stable internet connection.
Earning Potential: Earnings will broadly vary on several factors like the number of deliveries and location. But on average, you can earn around $12 per hour.
How To Start? Click here to sign up with GrubHub. However, you need to reside in certain states of the USA that this company currently has openings. Besides, you may also need to go through background verification.
7. Order Up
GrubHub recently acquired the company to focus more on the Australian market. But before that, it was part of the Groupon-To-Go family in the United States. Headquartered in Baltimore, the company is now looking for delivery partners in several countries around the world.
Basic Requirements: Besides having your personal vehicle for the delivery, the main requirements are as follows.
- You need to be located in the cities that this company is currently operating in.
- Your driver’s license and vehicle insurance should be valid.
- You must be at least 21-year old to apply for this job.
Earning Potential: The average hourly rate is around $12. However, you can accept tips from the customers and keep them all.
How To Start? You can easily join this delivery platform by signing-up on the website. However, you may need to go through a complete background check followed by a vehicle inspection. After that, this company will give you the gears for completing your deliveries.
It is one of the most popular food delivery apps that now offer driving jobs for retirees. Since its establishment, this outfit provides on-time food deliveries to millions of customers each year.
Now, it is again accepting new Dashers on the team to expand its operations. This is the right time for you to grab this opportunity!
Basic Requirements: The best thing about this company is that you can start afresh without any prior experience. And, the other requirements are as follows.
- You should have your own car with all the legal papers and insurance.
- Your driving license should be valid and updated.
- You should have a smartphone as this company operates through its app.
Earning Potential: The guaranteed income is $1 plus the pay boost per delivery. Now, this pay boost depends on several factors like the number of deliveries and total distance. However, you can earn around $18 to $20 per hour.
How To Start? After filling out the simple joining form, you need to upload all your papers on its website to receive approval. You can then download the app and login with your credentials to start delivering.
This establishment specializes in delivering grocery items all over the United States. People book their daily essentials through this app.
Shipt drivers pick up those things from grocery stores and retail shops to deliver directly to their homes. So, it is one of the best driving jobs for retirees.
Basic Requirements: As this company operates solely in the United States, you need to be a permanent citizen of the USA. However, the other requirements are as follows.
- Your vehicle should be registered in the USA but should not be more than 15 years old.
- You should have the ability to lift at least 25 lbs grocery.
- As this company also delivers frozen items, you need to have an insulated cooler bag.
Earning Potential: As the company itself says, you can make up to $25 per hour while working for it. However, the average income is around $18 to $20 per hour.
How To Start? Click here to go directly to the signup page. You need to fill out the joining form with the proper credentials. However, you may need to go through a complete background check.
It is another grocery delivery company that recently witnessed a surge in its popularity. The outfit assures its customers that they will get their groceries delivered within two hours.
So, you need to be super-efficient and punctual to get selected as a delivery driver. Always check with the openings section on the website to know about current openings.
Basic Requirements: This company currently operates in the United States only. So, you need to have a citizenship or work permit in the USA. And, the other requirements are as follows.
- You should have your personal vehicle with valid auto insurance.
- You need to be at least 18 years old with a valid driving license.
- Your smartphone should have the Instacart app installed.
Earning Potential: The minimum earning is around $10 per hour. However, you can make as much as $25 per hour, depending on the number of deliveries and your vehicle type.
How To Start? It has a dedicated signup page which you can join by clicking here. After that, you need to fill-up the form with your personal and vehicle details to get the joining approval.
Lyft works in quite a similar fashion to Uber. It is an app cab that sends cars to the location to pick up passengers once they book it.
It is also among the very few companies that let their drivers keep their full tip value. So, it is one of the best driving jobs for retirees, indeed.
Basic Requirements: As it is now only available in the United States, you need to be a permanent citizen of the United States or should have a work permit. The other criteria are as follows.
- Your car should have all the legal papers and the latest auto insurance.
- You should have a smartphone with a stable internet connection to receive bookings.
- Your vehicle should not be too old, and you also need to take care of the hygiene part.
Earning Potential: Although this company doesn’t state its hourly rate, it is around $20 to $30 per hour according to our research. Besides, you can also keep your full tip.
How To Start? Click here to fill-up the simple joining form. After you upload all your documents, you need to go through a background check. Once approved, you will have your login credentials.
It is the most popular ride service for kids. You need to pick and drop kids off at their schools and tuition while working for this company.
However, this outfit has its safe rides team to help you with any problem that you may face while driving with the kids.
Basic Requirements: Like most of the companies that we have already mentioned, you need to be a permanent citizen of the United States to become eligible. The other requirements are as follows.
- You need to be at least 23 years old to start working.
- You must have at least five years of experience in the childcare industry.
- As you will deal with kids, you need to be patient and attentive.
Earning Potential: As the company itself says, you can earn up to $32 per hour while driving kids. However, you are also eligible for performance-based bonuses.
How To Start? You can click here to check your availability in your area. If it is available, you can simply create an account by uploading your documents. You can also start after the background verification process.
This is a unique company that connects pet owners and delivery drivers all over the United States. People looking for transport facilities for their beloved canines connect with nearby drivers through this app.
And if you are a canine lover since your heyday, it’s one of the best driving jobs for retirees.
Basic Requirements: The most important thing that you need to have is a love for animals. And, other criteria are as follows.
- You can have any type of car, pickup van, and trucks. However, you do need to have all the valid papers.
- Your driving license should be valid in the United States.
- You need to have a smartphone with internet connectivity.
Earning Potential: There is no fixed rate as you need to bid for each pet transport. Pet owners put their queries on the website at a base price, and you can offer your own price on that.
How To Start? It has a dedicated joining page for drivers where you can fill out the joining form. Once approved, you can directly go to the site and bid for the available transport queries.
Multinational package-delivery company United Parcel Service, or UPS, is one of the key players in the global supply chain market.
Starting from cargo airlines to freight-based trucks, it has all the instruments necessary to operate an excellent transport service. And now, you can join it too.
Basic Requirements: You can join this company even if you don’t have your truck as it has its fleet. But if you have one, here are the necessary requirements.
- You need to have a citizenship certificate or working permit in the United States.
- You must have a valid driving license with prior experience in the logistics industry.
- This company may need you to go through screening and background verification.
Earning Potential: You can earn as much as $75000 per year if you join as a full-time employee. And in part-time jobs, you can earn as much as $80 per hour.
How To Start? It has a dedicated career page where you can find the available vacancies in your demographic profile. You can also apply directly to your preferred position right on the UPS site.
Alternate Side Hustles To Driving Jobs For Retirees:
1. Be A Virtual Assistant:
With age comes the experience, show this experience in organizing things for the entity for which you are getting hired. All you need to do is to assist in technical, administrative, creative, and professional assistance all the time.
Your works can relate to progress in the company growth, Check the list of companies that offer virtual assistant jobs with proper pay.
2. Give It A Try As Proofreader:
The retirement plan must be in such a way that you should never earn by skipping your comfort. Proofreading is one job that must be picked in order to earn without any hassle.
As a proofreader, you need to find the errors, grammar mistakes in the content/documents assigned by clients. You can expect to make $10 – $20 per hour. Check the websites that offer proofreading jobs here.
Claim Your $5 Signup Bonus Now!
Wanna make some quick money? Sign up for these below offers to make $10 – $20 real cash in the next few minutes.
- InboxDollars ($5 instant signup bonus & get paid to watch videos and play games).
- SurveyJunkie (Top-rated, short, and easy surveys. Up to $3 – $7 per each task).
- OpinionCity (Up to $100 per survey & browse all high-paying offers at one place).
- Pinecone Research (Up to $3 – $5 per each survey & $7 per each product test).
‘No thief can steal your will’. If your will is strong enough to build your financial structure even after retirement, there is no stopping for you from then.
To help you with the ways we concluded with these best driving jobs for retirees that you can try in 2021.
However, you do need to have the proper eyesight and physical ability if you want to go for long drives. It would also be a great decision if you can take this solely as a part-time opportunity.