Websites and apps are the leading platforms that every company now uses in 2022.
As most companies now work to build their online presence, websites are the principal instruments to do so besides the social media platforms.
But to ensure a great user experience of the website or app, it needs to be completely error-free. And, UserTesting is one such platform that ensures the websites are completely bug-free through real-time testing and analysis.
Here goes the in-depth UserTesting review to understand this company and how you can make money from it.
Need Easy & Extra $300/Mo For Free?
UserTesting Review & Detailed Guide
There are two main channels by which a company tests its website or app. The in-house technical team first analyzes and checks the site or app to correct any coding or back-end issues.
And then, it is given to people to try and give their reviews to improve the overall user-friendliness.
UserTesting provides that opportunity to its clients as it accumulates the reviews of real users through its unique platform.
The benefits are mutual as the testers also get reasonable payment for reviewing each website or app. But to start with, here goes the complete UserTesting review in 2022.
About UserTesting Company
Since its establishment in 2007, UserTesting is providing seamless website and app testing services all over the world.
And with its growing clients, it is now in an expansion mode to incorporate more testers into its team.
It assures complete analytical data to the companies through its unique platform. And with that data, the clients can significantly improve their websites or apps to guarantee user-friendliness.
The requirements are very few for anyone to join this company as a website tester. However, you need to comply with the technical aspects before you start working.
- You should have proper analytical skills to identify and analyze the problems that you are facing while surfing the website.
- Every tester should have the knowledge to describe the issue accurately.
- You should have native-level English proficiency with excellent communication skills.
- This job requires absolute concentration as you may need to figure out minute flaws and bugs.
- You should have an updated computer, preferably based on the Mac or Windows operating system.
- A good smartphone is necessary if you have your preference in the app or mobile website testing.
- You must have a good microphone that can record your voice without any distortion.
- All the testers should have a stable and high-speed internet connection, preferably wired.
So, these are the main criteria that you need to follow before applying for this position.
Apart from this, you will also get a significant preference during the approval process if you already have experience in the website or app testing field.
There are several benefits of working as a website tester. And if you work for this company, the benefits are even more substantial.
Some of the most notable things that you will get while working for this company are as follows.
- You can earn as high as $60 per website testing that can take around an hour to complete.
- There is no minimum educational qualification needed to join this company as a website tester.
- It assures complete flexibility so that you can do the website or app testing according to your time preference.
- Timely payment is a promise from this company as you will receive the amount for each test within a week.
There are the main benefits that you will have while working as a website tester for this company. Besides, you will also get good experience in the website or app testing field.
You can utilize this experience to reflect in your resume to get a better job opportunity in the app testing market.
How UserTesting Hire Testers?
The hiring process of UserTesting is pretty straightforward. It has a dedicated joining page on its website. You need to fill up the joining request form on that page with proper credentials.
Once you submit this, you need to take a sample test of website testing. You also need to analyze the website and provide feedback accurately.
The in-house team will check your sample test and give you the final approval.
Once you get the joining approval, you can directly access its panel through the website. You can get the available testing projects on that panel.
Besides, you will also receive the testing request directly via email. After accepting the offer, you need to start analyzing the website while recording your screen through a good screen recorder.
You also need to record your voice while identifying the errors and bugs of that particular website or app.
Pay Rates & Earning Potential
The price for each website or app testing can broadly depend on several factors, such as difficulty level and the time it should take to analyze it.
You can make around $3 for a short analysis. A typical website testing that can take approximately 20 minutes to complete usually pays $10 on average.
However, the rate can go as high as $60 per test, which takes around an hour or more to complete.
How & When UserTesting Pays?
You need to have a PayPal account to start working for this company. Besides, you also need to link your PayPal account to your UserTesting account during the joining process.
For each successful testing, you will receive the payment within a maximum of seven days in your PayPal account. As of 2021, it doesn’t have any other payment method.
But, this company is planning for direct deposits in a few countries like the United States and Canada.
Pros & Cons Of UserTesting
There are several things that you can enjoy while working for this great company. But, all coins have two sides.
Some of the most prominent advantages and disadvantages of UserTesting are as follows:
- You will get the best-suited website testing project depending on your skills and demographic profile.
- The payment procedure is error-free as the earned will be credited to your PayPal account within seven business days.
- You don’t need to have any specific academic qualifications to start website testing through this platform.
- This company assures a complete guide and helpful tutorial so that you never face any difficulty during the testing projects.
- You may need to go through screening before getting a specific website or app testing.
- It is quite hard to pass the sample test during the joining process. And, you need to give your best to get selected.
- You will have a very low number of available projects if you live outside the United States.
- It is improbable to generate the same income as a full-time professional just working for this company.
So, these are the significant factors that you need to consider before joining UserTesting. It is better to join this company if you live in countries like the USA or Canada.
Or else, you may face difficulty having a sustainable income just with website testing projects.
Our Review of UserTesting – Is It Legit?
Very few sites we can term as legitimate; you can add UserTesting to the list of legitimate sites with no second thought. But there are also a few things a user must consider while planning to make it as an income source.
You must submit a sample test before enrolling and that too with the best performance. One may also need to go through screening before testing a website or an application; this seems a bit tricky for some users.
By now, with the help of the above sections in this UserTesting review, you can conclude that this website can only serve you part-time as there are a limited number of available projects.
If you are looking to get credited on any platform besides PayPal, this can be a check for you. They don’t offer any other alternative payment platforms.
Websites Like UserTesting
Several reputed companies all over the world now provide website and app testing opportunities to talented people.
Some of the most notable companies in this field that also pay according to the industry standard are
- And more.
Besides, you can also look for website testing projects in freelance marketplaces like Fiverr and Upwork.
Alternate Jobs To UserTesting
- Transcription Jobs (All you have to do here is to convert audio files into text format. One can make around $10-$20 an hour even as a beginner).
- Proofreading Jobs (Try to find mistakes and errors in the content and rectify them to get paid up to $15-$20 an hour without prior experience).
- Chatting Jobs (If you are the one who can chat for prolonged hours, turn this into an income source. Make a minimum of $12 per hour by chatting).
That’s our detailed review of the website testing platform, UserTesting.
You can earn as much as $60 per website testing. But, it is implausible that you will have enough testing projects to generate a sustainable income per month.
So, it is better to take it entirely as a part-time job. And, we hope that you already got all that you need to know about this company in our detailed UserTesting Review.
If you still have any questions, let us know in the comments.