You may not even realize that you actually spend a lot of time each day just typing. Let it be while chatting with friends or emailing your colleagues, you do type a lot, believe it or not! But, what if we tell you that there are many online typing jobs available where you can do it from home and earn decent cash.
But, is that even possible to generate sustainable income each month just by typing?
Yes, it is! You heard it right; it is now very much possible to earn from online typing jobs as many trusted platforms now provide this opportunity around the globe.
However, you can still encounter frauds and scams. And to help you, we have thoroughly tested and reviewed all the available platforms to filter out the legit and high-paying ones. But first, let’s understand the basic concept behind these jobs.
Need Easy & Extra $300/Mo For Free?
What is a Typing Job?
Anything that requires you to type is a typing job, as simple as that!
Let it be typing a document or form filling, any typing job needs you to do one primary thing; type fast and accurately!
You can find specialized online typing jobs for students or even freshers, but you do need a good typing speed even in those as well.
But these jobs have a special benefit; they offer both full-time and part-time opportunities.
How Much Can I Earn From a Typing Job?
On average, you can earn around $10 to $15/hour if you dedicate your time sincerely to doing these projects.
Although you don’t need any certification or academic qualification to do these online typing jobs from home, you do need better-than-average typing speed if you want to earn more.
There are many typing jobs like proofreading and editing that can fetch you up to $100k/year. More creative typing jobs like blog writing or creative writing can fetch you even more.
What Kind Of Online Typing Jobs You Can Do From Home?
Although you can find several hundred genres that revolve around typing, we have selected only the legit ones.
And some of the most lucrative and high-paying online typing jobs in 2022 are as follows.
1. Transcription Typing Jobs
Nothing can be as high-paying and sustainable as transcription if you are looking for legit online typing jobs this year.
All you need is to type it out while listening to audio or video files. You just need a great typing speed with minimal error to do this job.
But, do you know what the main challenge is? A single hour of audio or video recording can take around 4 to 5 hours on average to transcribe fully.
So, it is very difficult to transcribe more than 100-120 minutes of audio or video each day. But yes, there are some massive advantages as well!
According to the estimation of Salary.com, the average salary of a transcriber is around $47k/year. It is not very difficult to fetch up to $28/hour, although the average lies around $15 to $20/hour.
But to do that, you need to learn the real craft of transcription besides just manual typing. To help you with that, we’ve brought an interesting FREE course for you.
FREE Transcription Training
One of the highly-acclaimed transcribers, Janet Shaughnessy, recently launched her completely FREE Mini Transcription Course to help you.
She has more than 10 years of professional experience and already mentored thousands of transcribers around the globe.
You can start with her FREE Theory And Practice session on general transcription to get the basic details.
Besides the general guide, you will get to know about all the tricks including the transcription style guide and client acquisition techniques.
But yes, you can also opt for more advanced legal transcription practice sessions if you are aiming high.
Types Of Transcription Jobs
- General Transcription: From voicemails to meeting resolutions, from simple phone calls to voice notes, general transcription can be anything. It is also especially suited for beginners.
- Legal Transcription: You mainly need to cover detailed court proceedings. Besides, you need to take legal dictations as well.
- Financial Transcription: From interim performance results to official press releases, from financial meetings to analysis reports, financial transcription covers a large segment.
- Medical Transcription: You should have a certification from any AHDI-accredited training institute to start this job. You mainly need to transcribe the dictations of doctors, pathologists, and healthcare workers.
Where To Find Online Transcription Jobs?
- AccuTran Global ($15- $20 per an audio hour)
- Rev Transcription ($0.90 per audio minute)
- TranscribeMe ($15- $30 per hour)
- Scribie ($15 per audio hour)
- BAM! Transcription ($0.75 per minute)
- QuickTate (Up to $10/Hr)
Check here to find 27 High-Paying Transcription Jobs even for beginners.
2. Blog Writing Jobs From Home
Do you know what is even more lucrative than freelance writing? Yes, it is blog writing.
And if you are looking for online typing jobs without investment, it is also the one to hop for. If you have a creative mind, you can start your own blog or can participate in other blogs as well.
It is also among the highest-paying typing jobs that you can do these days sitting at your home. According to SEMrush, an average blogger makes around $8000 per month.
You can easily fetch around $100,000 per year if you work hard on your blog. The income from blogging is completely passive, so you work only once but you get paid forever.
That is how this blog you are currently reading makes $7000+ every month without much effort and investment. Check our income report here.
You mainly need three things to succeed here; great writing ability, SEO knowledge, and impeccable grammatical understanding. But you do need to have the right guidance of a maestro if you are aiming high.
If you are interested in becoming a blogger but don’t know how to get started, this step-by-step guide is there for you. You can set up your own blog within the next 20 mins.
Don’t forget to check this amazing blogging guide that clears all your doubts.
Where Can I Find Blog Writing Jobs?
- Problogger ($10- $200 per post)
- Contena ($20 for 500 words)
- Your own blog (unlimited earnings) – Start here.
Check out this Step-by-Step Guide on How to Start a Blog and make money from it within 3 months.
3. Online Proofreading Jobs
If you are aiming to earn an at-par hourly rate from online typing jobs from home, you better aim for proofreading.
You mainly need to correct the grammatical, syntactical, punctuation, and spelling mistakes of any write-ups.
So, you better have an unmatched skill in English to make any document completely error-free.
According to a recent report by Salary.com, talented proofreaders now earn around $54K/year on average.
You can easily fetch up to $26/hour, although the average is around $20/hour. Many companies offer lucrative incentives to their top performers as well.
But can you become Cristiano Ronaldo without the guidance of Sir Alex Ferguson? No, you can’t! You need some guidance to make your proofreading path more even. Would you say NO to a FREE course by a proofreading expert? I am sure you won’t say NO after knowing how her students are performing. Take a look.
FREE Proofreading Workshop
One of the most-acclaimed proofreaders, Caitlin Pyle, recently launched her 76-Minute FREE Workshop on Proofreading to help all aspiring proofreaders.
She not only has more than 10 years of experience as a professional proofreader but also has more than 5 years of proven results to back her claims.
Caitlin already helped 12k+ professional proofreaders to make a full-time living out of it. She also has a sure-shot success recipe to create a profitable proofreading business within just 30 days.
So, don’t hesitate and Claim your FREE ticket to this amazing workshop on general proofreading right now!
Where Can I Find Remote Proofreading Jobs?
- ProofreadingPal ($500- $3000 per month)
- Proofed ($25- $50 per hour)
- Gramlee ($0.02 per word)
- Polished Paper ($20 per hour)
- ProofreadingServices.com ($8 per 1000 words)
4. Freelance Writing Jobs
Freelance writing is among the real online typing jobs from home that have dominated the market for a very long time.
You definitely need flair in writing to achieve success in this industry. Besides, you should also have sufficient SEO knowledge and a creative mind to make unique and highly engaging content.
According to the current report of ZipRecruiter, you can fetch up to $30/hour as a freelance writer. And if you take it as a full-time opportunity, even $100k/year is also achievable.
But to touch a six-figure earning, you definitely need to have the guidance of an expert.
FREE Freelance Writing Workshop
One of the most popular columnists and bloggers, Holly Johnson, recently launched her FREE Freelance Writing Workshop to help you achieve such a feat.
She currently writes for global publications including The Simple Dollar, World Report Travel, Lending Tree, and a lot more.
She designed and implemented her unique strategies to go from $0 to $225k/year. And now, she put all the good things and all her experiences into a single course.
So, don’t hesitate to join this Freelance Writing Workshop right now if you are targeting a six-figure salary as a freelance writer.
Types of Projects You Might Need To Tackle
- News & Coverage Articles: You need to write on current events. However, you may also need to cover any significant events like music shows and political rallies and write that in detail.
- Audio/Video Scripts: From media houses to movie productions, you can find these projects in any creative A/V field.
- Research & Technical Documents: You need to conduct thorough research and analysis to make these types of highly technical write-ups.
- Newsletters/Popups: From email newsletters to RSS feeds, from web Popups to application notifications, this genre covers all.
- Sales Pitch: Mainly needed in the marketing industry, you need to be a sales enthusiast and a creative soul to invoke the interests of customers through your unique writings.
Where Can I Find Freelance Writing Jobs?
- Contena ($20 for 500 words)
- Freelancer ($21 per hour)
- Content Writing Jobs (depends on the project)
- Writology ($13.99 per hour)
- Workew (depends on the project)
Check out these 150 Websites To Find Freelance Writing Jobs in 2022.
5. Editing Jobs From Home
You need to understand the basic difference between a proofreader and an editor first.
While a proofreader is responsible for the grammatical accuracy of the writing, an editor is solely responsible for its quality.
You need to act as the QC guy for any write-ups, let it be a blog, news report, or even a whole eBook. But to do that, you need the right mix-up of creative abilities and impeccable language grip.
And if you have that, you can easily fetch around $25/hour. However, you can earn up to $95k per year as a full-time editor according to a recent ZipRecruiter report.
Most editorial jobs need you to have at least 2 years of professional experience in the industry. Besides, you should also have native-level language proficiency.
You can also climb up the ladder from a proofreader and then gradually venture into the editorial team.
Where Can I Find a Job as an Editor?
- Jobs for Editors ($500 a month)
- Edit Fast (depends on the client)
- Editor World ($0.17- 0.45 per word)
- Kirkus Media ($400 per book)
- Cactus Communications ($4000 per month)
Check out more Online Editing Jobs here.
6. Paid Online Surveys
If you are a fresher looking for online typing jobs, online surveys can be your best resort. It is probably among the very few freelance jobs that don’t need any specific academic or technical qualification.
All you need is a computer with stable internet connectivity to get started. But, most of the websites that offer these online surveys are fakes.
Don’t you think that too?
So, you need to take cautious steps before selecting the right platforms. Although it is a bit difficult to find, there are several websites that now offer legit surveys that pay up to $100/survey.
Many websites also have an immense reputation for their timely payment and trustworthiness. Besides the trust factor, many websites also provide signup bonuses and lucrative referral programs.
What Are the Legit Online Survey Sites?
- Survey Junkie ($1- $50 per survey)
- Opinion Outpost (up to $20 per survey)
- Pinecone Research ($5 per survey, $7 per product test)
- InboxDollars (get $5 instant sign-up bonus)
- Vindale Research (get a $1 sign-up bonus and up to $50 per survey)
Browse more legit and paid online survey sites here.
7. Virtual Assistant Jobs From Home
From social media management to appointment scheduling, from making reservations to sending emails, virtual assistance covers almost anything.
It is actually a remote PA service where you need to do small day-to-day jobs. Although it is not one of the conventional online typing jobs, you may need to write a lot in several VA projects.
However, it is among the highest-paying opportunities with an average payout of $20/hour. According to the 2021 report of ZipRecruiter, the average salary of a VA lies around $68k/year.
Not everyone goes above that average, although it is surely possible to fetch even a six-figure salary. Gina Horkey is one such VA who not only has immense experience but has also trained many successful VA since 2014.
And now, she launched her course to guide the newbies to become successful VA within 30 days or less. She herself went from $0 to $4k/month within just two months with her secret formula.
And now, she has revealed the golden secrets of success to other aspiring people like you. In this course, you get to know about all the 275+ services that you can offer as a VA. Besides, you will also get your custom formula to get high-paying clients.
So, don’t wait and Join This VA Workshop Now to touch a six-figure income as a freelance virtual assistant.
Virtual Assistant Tasks
There are several small tasks that you need to perform as a virtual assistant. Some of the most common among those are as follows.
- Administrative works like maintaining spreadsheets and counting attendance
- Social media handling including commenting and promotions
- Creating blogs and personalized articles
- Data entry in financial and analytical projects
- Scheduling phone calls, table reservations, and replying to emails
Where Can I Find Virtual Assistant Work?
- BELAY ($5 – $19 per hour)
- Fancy Hands (up to $15 per hour)
- Virtual Vocations ($15 per hour)
- Zirtual ($16- $18 per hour)
- Equivity ($15 per hour)
- Time etc ($10- $11 per hour)
Check the best places to find Online Virtual Assistant Jobs.
8. Captioning Jobs From Home
If you have a great typing speed and looking for the online best typing jobs from home, you can definitely try captioning. It is mainly the subtitles that display below the videos.
You need to ensure the quality of the captioning with minimal error. Besides, you may also need to take care of the notations like honking or laughing noises.
You do need to have an excellent typing speed, preferably more than 65 WPM, to do this job. Besides, you must need to achieve at least 99% accuracy in live captioning.
And most importantly, you should have excellent ear-hand coordination to enable seamless typing. You can fetch up to $24/hour while doing this as a freelancer.
Types of Professional Captioners
- Real-Time (Live) Captioner: You need an extremely fast typing speed to match the natural flow of a real-time event. You may need stenography equipment to do this.
- Offline Captioner: You need to listen to a pre-recorded video file and write it down. From daily soaps to Hollywood movies, it can be anything.
Who Hires Remote Captioners?
- Rev ($240 per month)
- CaptionMax(depends on the project)
- Captioning Star (up to $70 per hour)
- Vitac($19 – $27 per hour)
- National Captioning Institute(fixed salary plus other benefits)
- Aberdeen($75 per hour for live captioning/$15 per hour for closed captioning)
Check here for more Captioning Jobs.
9. Data Entry Jobs Without Investment
Data entry is undoubtedly among the simple online typing jobs from home that you can try this year.
It is also among the first online jobs that went online a decade ago. From simple form-filling to OCR entries, data entry covers a large segment.
According to recent US government statistics, you can fetch up to $16/hour while doing basic data entry jobs. However, the average lies between $12 and $15 per hour.
And a recent ZipRecruiter study also confirmed that the yearly average salary now lies around $69.5k.
Although data entry doesn’t need you to have any special skills, most companies will conduct background verification. They mainly do it as you may have to deal with sensitive data during your project.
But this job has a major setback; it can feel a little monotonous after some time.
Variety of Data Entry Tasks You Do From Home
- Spreadsheet Fill-Up: You need to add data to the designated field in a spreadsheet
- Data Feeding: You need to feed data and information to any company’s server or mainframe
- Data Verification: You need to tally the already-digitized data with the analog document to correct errors
- Micro Typing Tasks: You may often need to type and save common bills and receipts
Where Can I Find Online Data Entry Jobs?
- SigTrack ($15 per hour)
- WorkingSolutions ($30 per hour)
- Axion Data Entry Services (depends on the project)
- Great American Opportunities ($0.40 per form)
- Smart Crowd ($0.60 per 1k keystrokes)
Check out the most trusted Data Entry Job Websites here.
10. Website Testing Jobs
Many companies look for genuine reviews to know about the user-friendliness of their websites and apps. And for that, they hire website testers.
You mainly need to identify the flaws and bugs while surfing through a particular website or while using a particular app.
It can take around 20 minutes to completely test a website. And for that, you can fetch around $10, thus you have a chance to earn up to $30/hour.
The current average earning is $54k/year according to a recent ZipRecruiter report.
You’ll get the most testing projects if you are from tier-1 countries like the USA and UK. But wherever you are from, you should only take it as a side hustle to due irregular project availability in most cases.
Where To Find Website Testing Jobs?
- Userlytics ($10 per test)
- UserTesting ($30 per hour)
- UserZoom ($20- $30 per hour)
- WhatUsersDo ($5 per each test)
- TryMyUi ($10 for every single test)
Check more well-paying Website Testing Jobs here.
11. Translation Jobs
First thing first; you need to have native-level proficiency in at least two languages to become a translator. You should have both reading and writing abilities in both of those languages.
Besides, you should also have an impeccable comprehensive and grammatical understanding of those languages.
Translation is one of the highest-paying online typing jobs you can do from home, although it surely needs special skills. You can fetch up to $30/hour according to a recent ZipRecruiter study.
Besides, a new CollegeGrad report also suggested that the yearly average salary is now close to $52k this year.
You can either become a live translator or a text translator. You can work as a foreign language interpreter if you chose live projects, although these are mostly full-time opportunities.
And in the second category, you may need to translate almost any text including blog posts, news articles, financial reports, legal papers, marriage certificates, and a lot more.
Types of Professional Translators
- Literature & Scholarly Translator: Mainly focuses on translating literary works such as essays, novels, poems, and also scholarly works like journals and research papers.
- Advertising & Copy Translator: Mainly translates advertisement copies, taglines, scripts, and marketing materials. Besides language, it also focuses on cultural context.
- Technical & Scientific Translator: Focuses on scientific papers, guides, technical handbooks, and other scientific documents. It needs special certification courses.
Where Can I Find Remote Translation Jobs?
- Smartling (depends on the project)
- Appen ($10 per hour)
- Translate.com ($5 for 500 words)
- Stepes ($20 per hour)
- Welocalize ($19.96 per hour)
See more places to find Home-based Online Translation Jobs.
12. Online Chat or Customer Support Jobs
Live chat agents have already become a vital aspect of customer service. While many companies employ direct chat experts, many also opt for customer service providers.
So, you can get these online chat jobs from both the end-client and third-party customer service agencies.
You can easily fetch around $15/hour as a chat support freelancer. According to a recent source of ZipRecruiter, the average yearly pay is around $26k.
On top of that, many companies offer incentives and performance bonuses too. If you do it as a full-time opportunity, you can get many other benefits like 401(k), paid vacations, and a lot more.
You should have an excellent typing speed with great communication skills to do these jobs. Many companies also prefer if you can handle multiple clients at a time.
Where Can I Find Online Chat Jobs?
- ModSquad ($15 per hour)
- LiveChat (depends on the project)
- The Chat Shop ($10 per hour)
- SiteStaff ($10 or even more per hour)
- Smith.ai ($10 per hour)
Find more legit Online Chat Support Jobs from home.
13. Captcha Entry Jobs
Who doesn’t know about captchas? It is that puzzling and arbitrary texts and images that often pop up in our web browser.
You have to solve it while opening an online account or even while visiting a secured site. But do you know that you can now even earn just by doing that?
Yes, it is now very much possible! Many companies offer these captcha-solving projects to freelancers these days. All you need is a computer with an internet connection to start doing it.
However, it can feel a little boring at times. Besides, you may need to solve a lot of it to match a day job’s salary.
Rather than per hour, most companies pay per thousand keystrokes. To type 1k alphabets and numeric, you can earn around $0.1 to $0.4. If you can type around 20k characters, your earnings can touch up to $10/hour.
Where Can I Find Legit Captcha Entry Jobs?
- Captcha Typers ($1.5 for 1000 images)
- MegaTypers ($150- $200 every month)
- FastTypers ($1.5 on 1000 images)
- Captcha2Cash ($1 for 1000 images)
Check out more Online Captcha Entry Jobs for extra money.
14. Micro Jobs
Not a great fan of fixed commitment? No worry; there are many platforms where you can get short-term online typing jobs.
These freelance platforms also offer other short-term projects that require human intelligence, like managing a Facebook page or even designing a PPT slide.
You can either bid on open projects or can showcase your skills to get one, it’s up to you. But yes; you can comfortably fetch around $10 to $15/hour on average.
According to a Glassdoor report, you can earn around $54k/year even if you work as a social media manager.
Types of Micro Jobs
- Email and Newsletter Service: You need to write attractive copies for customers and subscribers
- Social Media Management: From Facebook to Tiktok, you may need to handle any social handles
- Short Personalized Tasks: It can be anything, from designing a logo to scheduling a phone call
Where Can I Find Micro Jobs?
- Click Worker ($9- $10 per hour)
- Amazon mTurk ($15 an hour)
- Microworkers ($200 per month)
- Rapid Workers ($2 per task)
- OneSpace (depends on the task)
How Can I Learn To Type Faster?
Almost all online typing jobs from home need you to have at least 60 to 80 WPM typing speed. And to achieve that, you need a lot of practice, obviously in the correct way.
Here are the best ways to achieve a faster speed with optimum accuracy.
- Opt For Typing Lessons: You can find several video tutorials to achieve a faster typing speed on YouTube. Besides, there are websites like KeyBr that offer free tutorials with integrated typing tests.
- Raise The Bar: Aim for a better WPM each day during your typing practice. If you can type at a 50 WPM speed, try to achieve 55 tomorrow, and at least 60 by the end of this week.
- Play Typing Games: You can sharpen your typing ability by trying out interactive typing games such as Secret of Qwerty or Epistory.
- Take Typing Tests: You can take typing tests on websites like Typing, Key Hero, or TypingTest to correctly analyze your typing speed and the areas to improve.
What Personal Skills Do I Need to be a Typist?
It is better if you have native-level English proficiency as most of these jobs revolve around this language. But, you mainly need three key qualities to become efficient for online typing jobs.
- At least 55-60 WPM typing speed with above 95% accuracy.
- Excellent ear-hand coordination to type while listening, without looking at the keyboard
- Understanding of right spelling and grammar to achieve higher accuracy
What Equipment Do I Need?
Although you can type pretty fast on your smartphone or even on your iPad, you can’t achieve your maximum speed on those. You only get the best speed when you use a computer or a laptop.
So basically, you need a few vital things.
- A good keyboard, preferably a mechanical one,
- A noise-canceling headphone,
- Foot pedal, if you want to transcribe,
- Stable internet connectivity, preferably broadband.
Where Else Can I Find Typing Jobs?
We have already mentioned the best places to get typing jobs from home in detail. But, there are a few others where you can get legit projects.
- Contact Brands: You can directly approach global consumer brands. But, always choose those brands that have larger following bases, forums, subreddits, and private message boards.
- Become A Scopist: You will be responsible for transcribing the final trials, court proceedings, and depositions from steno reports. You can check the openings in your local courts and community centers.
- Freelancing Sites: There are several job marketplaces like FlexJobs, Freelancer, and PeoplePerHour where you can get various online typing jobs.
Are Work From Home Typing Jobs Right For You?
It is absolutely right if you have a great typing speed. And trust us, you can easily earn around $10 to $15/hour on average even if you are a complete newbie in this industry.
But yes; these online typing jobs are especially suited for…
- A full-time employee looking for a side hustle
- Homemakers, pensioners, and students who need flexible work hours.
Need Help Getting Started
We have thoroughly researched each of these platforms we have mentioned above. But if you still have any doubt, or if you want to give us your feedback and suggestions, feel free to drop it in the comment box below!
Other Ways to Make Money Online
Online typing jobs to work from home are not the only way to make money in this digital world.
There are several other ways that not only suit your interest but also pay according to the industry standards. And we have discussed all the other ways here…
There are a few online typing jobs you can do from home like editing, proofreading, writing, and VA, that you can take as a full-time profession.
But for the other genres like form filling, surveys, and website testing, you should strictly consider those as side hustles.
You also need to select your preferred online typing jobs according to your area of expertise and your interest.
Besides, you should also check out the terms and conditions before you start working for a particular website.
So, this is all, folks! Happy earning!
Our Popular Posts: