Since 2017, Mistplay has been shaping up the mobile gaming market by enabling gamers to make money while having fun playing new games. But many still doubt if Mistplay is a legit site or not that actually pays money.
According to a new report published in Digital Journal, the mobile game testing market is expected to touch an operating revenue of $1.375 billion by 2027, with an expected CAGR of 10.11%. So, there is no doubt that the market is huge and has significant potential.
Mistplay is not the only app (but definitely among the fewest) that gives you an opportunity to make money just by gaming. You can now test games to earn money or can even get paid to play Bingo. But for this app, I decided to try it myself.
Need Easy & Extra $300/Mo For Free?
Survey Junkie – Earn up to $50 per survey & a fixed $1.50 per referral. Sign up here.
Opinion Outpost: Get paid up to $30 per answering simple questions. Join now.
Branded Surveys: Paid over 35 Million. Earn up to $25 per survey. Signup now.
Inbox Dollars: Get paid to watch videos. One already made $75 within a week. $10 Signup bonus.
Pinecone Research: Up to $3 – $5 per survey & $9 per product test. Join now for FREE.
Summary & Quick facts
Henri-Charles Machalani developed and launched Mistplay on Google Play Store in 2017. And since then, this legit game app has been gaining momentum around the world for enabling gamers to earn money.
Before I go deep to check if Mistplay is worth it or not, let’s check out some quick facts first!
- App Name: Mistplay
- Developers: Henri-Charles Machalani & Eugene Joannides
- Type: Mobile gaming loyalty reward program
- Earning Potential: Up to $4/hour
- Available Region: USA, Canada, UK
- Available In: Android
- Download Link: Play Store
- My Rating (Trust Score): 4.4/5
This app lets you make extra money on the side, as you can now earn while playing exciting games through Mistplay. And there are no signup fees involved either; how good is that!
What Is Mistplay?
Mistplay is a free app that says it is the “No.1 loyalty program for mobile gamers.” Initially launched in Google Play Store, this app has over 23 million total installations.
Right now, more than 300+ mobile games are listed on this platform. And this company has paid more than $51 million in cash rewards since its inception.
Mistplay recently got the No.5 spot in the Deloitte Technology Fast 50 program in 2022. It has also started expansion in Asia and received the No.3 spot in the AppsFlyer Growth Index for Japan and Korea.
This app currently has a 4.1 rating and close to 350k reviews on Play Store.
My Findings: Mistplay is a reward program where you can play new games, such as some amazing Cash App games, and collect points. You can then redeem those points to get gift cards.
Who Can Join Mistplay? – The Eligibility Criteria
Mistplay is a legit app where you can get paid to play games online. You can join this game-centric loyalty program if you are 18 years old or above. And there are no fees involved, as the signup is completely free as of 2023.
Although they are planning for a rapid expansion, this app is available in a few countries. Mistplay operates in
- America (The USA & Canada)
- Europe (The UK, Germany, France, Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Finland)
- Oceania (Australia & New Zealand)
- East Asia (Japan, South Korea, Singapore)
If you are from these four regions, you will get instant approval if you meet their requirements. And the technical requirements are
- Latest Android smartphone, supporting updated OS.
- Stable internet connectivity through Wi-Fi/LTE.
- Your personal google account.
You need to download this app from Google Play Store and signup using your existing Google account. Once your dashboard is created, you can find new games and earn reward points.
My Take: You shouldn’t use VPN to spoof your geolocation. Even if you download Mistplay through VPN from unavailable countries, your profile will be banned in no time if they find you. You cannot even redeem your existing points Once your account is closed.
Hot Deal You Must Grab For Quick Cash!
|Over 3 million surveys every month||More than 3 million trusted users|
|2 million+ happy earners worldwide||Paid over $35 million to users|
|Pays out $400,000 every month||Simple yet high-paying surveys|
|Pays $1 per referral||Earn 100 Points Signup Bonus|
|SIGNUP NOW||SIGNUP NOW|
How Does Mistplay Work?
A few of my readers have recently asked me if Mistplay is legal or not. Yes, Mistplay is absolutely legal, and it is among the very few game apps that pay instantly to users.
You don’t even need to do much here other than play new games in your free time.
Here is how it works
- Open a free Mistplay account and log in to your dashboard.
- Select your game to download on the app interface.
- Play the game in the Mistplay app.
- It will automatically track your total time spent and your achievements.
- You’ll get reward points for your activities.
- Redeem those points for various gift cards.
Although the gaming loyalty program is their primary product, Mistplay doesn’t offer you just a single way to earn money, as it has several other unique ways, which I’ve also tried.
My Findings: Not every game on Mistplay will earn you the same money. You need to accomplish certain milestones in certain games to get your points. Besides, your earning will also depend on the actual time you will be spending while playing that particular game.
How To Make Money On Mistplay?
We live in a futuristic generation where people are making money in the Metaverse. And newer ways are getting into the mainstream, such as through gaming.
Mistplay is an Android app that lets you do just that! Although it is significantly low, you can easily make money on Mistplay. And there are four ways available as of 2023.
1. Play New Games
The main money-making opportunity that Mistplay is known for is surely the mobile gaming one.
You can find new games curated for you right on your dashboard, although you can also manually search for a particular game.
You must download the game, fulfill the requirements, and get points. However, you need to take care of three things.
- Make sure you are downloading the games in the Mistplay app interface.
- The game shouldn’t be already present on your mobile.
- Don’t turn off your mobile or disconnect your Wi-Fi while downloading games.
Every game on Mistplay will have specific instructions, such as reaching certain levels or accomplishing certain achievements to get rewards.
But you also need to take care of a couple of other technical things.
- Disable the power saver/data saver. Otherwise, Mistplay can’t track your activity in the background.
- Allow “screen overlay” and “usage access” for Mistplay through your phone settings.
- Go to the “Settings” option on the app and turn on the “Recording your game time” option.
- Every game has a fixed cap for daily playing time. Don’t cross that!
- Mistplay has a level cap of 20 for every game. Shift to other games once you reach level 20.
Note: You need to keep on actively playing the game you have installed to get reward points. If you sit idle and do nothing, Mistplay will track that in the background and won’t give you any points.
Recommended: 38 Real Game Apps That Pay Real Money 2023 [Cash or PayPal]
2. Welcome Bonus, Streaks, & Contests
Not just by playing games, you can also earn reward points for doing other things on Mistplay. And there are now four different ways available to do that.
- Once you signup for the first time, you’ll receive 200 units as a welcome bonus.
- Using this app for seven days straight will get 14 units as a consistency bonus.
- You can earn between 2,000 to 6,000 units by winning the weekly contest.
- You can get a jackpot of 10,000 units or more by winning the grand monthly contest (the last week of every month).
My Findings: You can now also earn bonus units by following the social media handles of Mistplay. Besides you’ll also get additional units by subscribing to their newsletter.
Related: 40 Apps To Sign Up And Get Money [Up To $500 Instant Bonuses]
3. Mistplay Status
Mistplay has recently introduced a status program where you can achieve certain profile statuses that can increase your total winnings. And the 4-tier status system is,
- Bronze: You’ll get this status once you join the program.
- Silver: Get 1.1X more units for daily play and level up.
- Gold: Get 1.1X more gems for making in-app purchases.
- Platinum: You’ll get 1.25X more units for playing and 1.25X more gems for in-app purchases.
You need to collect gems by playing the games or by making in-app purchases to level up on this status program. So, the more money you spend, the more money you earn.
Recommended: 21 Similar Apps like Mistplay To Win Money [No Surveys]
4. Referral Program
You can now also make money referring friends on Mistplay. For every friend of yours who joins through your unique referral link, you’ll receive 100 bonus units.
You’ll again receive 100 bonus units if they reach level 4. And there is no cap on that; you can invite as many as you want.
Mistplay also shares “Mistcodes” on their social media promotions. So, you can get those Mistcodes by following their social media handles and can redeem those for additional reward units in the app.
Recommended: 25 Legit Sites to Make Extra Cash [+ Signup Bonuses]
Hot Deal You Must Grab For Quick Cash!
|9+ Ways to make money||5+ Ways to earn money|
|Gives out 7000 free gift cards every day||Earn cashback for online shopping
|Paid over $700 million to its members||Paid over $80 million in cash rewards|
|$10 instant signup bonus||$5 instant signup bonus|
|SIGNUP NOW||SIGNUP NOW|
How To Earn Mistplay Points? (Units, GXPs, & PXPs)
It is completely safe if you ask me whether Mistplay is safe. Mistplay enables you to earn through gaming which is among the fun jobs that pay well nowadays.
However, this app will not give you direct cash rewards but points. You can then redeem those points for gift cards.
The 3-Tier point system
- Reward Points (Units): It is the in-app currency of Mistplay. You’ll earn units for every activity and can redeem these units for various gift cards.
- Game Experience Points (GXPs): If you play a game longer and consistently, you’ll get GXPs. If you have more GXP, you’ll get more units and PXPs while playing games.
- Player Experience Points (PXPs): It is the overall profile score, and it depends on many factors, such as your activity level, your in-app purchases, and your gaming performance. More PXPs will earn you more units for every activity.
My Take: All these three tiers are correlated. And if you have more GXPs and PXPs (which you can increase by earning more units), you’ll get more units than other users for equal activities.
How Much Money Can You Make On Mistplay?
Mistplay is a legit app, no doubt about that! But honestly, the earning potential is a bit on the lower side. You shouldn’t expect to make $20 fast just by playing games on this platform.
First of all, you’ll primarily make units (that you can redeem). The time you spend on this app and your PXP will directly influence how many units you’ll get. But making more than 1,000 units an hour in most games is almost impossible.
You need 1,500 to 1,800 units to get a $5 gift card. So technically, you need to spend 1.5 to 2 hours to get $5. However, if you incorporate other earning channels, you will earn slightly more.
Depending on your activity, your hourly rate will be
- $2 to $4/hour (800 to 1,000 units/hour) if you rely solely on gaming.
- $3 to $6/hour (1,000 to 2,000 units/hour) if you mix gaming with other revenue models, such as contests, referrals, and status bonuses.
It will be really tough to make money each hour just by playing games, as each game has a time cap and a level cap. You need to shift to another game once you reach these caps.
My Take: Honestly saying, you can hardly make more than $4/hour (unless you hit the jackpot each month or make a decent referral base) on Mistplay. So, you shouldn’t rely entirely on that. It works best if you consider this a fun hobby where you get money and gaming fun together.
How Do You Get Paid On Mistplay?
Mistplay will not give you cash rewards directly, as only a gift card payout option is available. But yes, you can sell gift cards for PayPal cash instantly nowadays.
So, you can earn cash if you don’t want to keep your gift cards.
Available Mistplay gift card options:
- Amazon gift card
- Google Play gift card
- Steam wallet code
- iTunes gift card
- PlayStation gift card
- Best Buy gift card
- Prepaid Visa cards
- Cineplex gift card
The availability of gift cards will depend on your demographic location. And in the USA, the lowest-priced available gift card option is a $0.5 Amazon gift card.
My Findings: You’ll burn more points if you go for low-priced gift cards. You need to redeem 1,800 units to get a $5 Visa card, whereas the $10 Visa card will need just 3,000 units. So, save up your units and aim for a bigger-priced gift card.
Is Mistplay Safe?
Yes, Mistplay is safe! You can actually make money on this app. Mistplay is also not a scam app; it is among the highest-paying apps in the USA that focuses solely on mobile gaming.
You don’t need to worry about your money; no signup or subscription fee is involved. And the in-app purchases were also legit and secured when I tried it. The only concern is your data.
Even if they collect your card details, they don’t share them with third-party, not even with their partners.
My Take: These are standard practices, and almost every app collects some kind of data. However, the encryption of this app is top-notch, so you don’t need to worry about data theft or privacy leak.
Pros And Cons Of Mistplay
If you are looking for ways to get free money right now, Mistplay is not the right place. You need to invest time in gaming to earn units here.
But like most legit reward programs, Mistplay also has some advantages and disadvantages too.
- Completely legit app with tons of positive reviews on the Google Play Store.
- Four different earning options + referral program.
- 300+ games are available from different categories.
- Gift cards start as low as $0.50.
- Gift card processing usually completes within 48 hours.
- Offers state-of-the-art encryption service.
- Available in more than 20 countries.
- Hard to make more than $4-$5/hour.
- Only available for Android smartphones (no iOS app or desktop version).
- The availability of games and gift cards depends on your demographic profile.
- Doesn’t offer any direct cash reward.
- Not available for teen gamers under 18 years of age.
Recommended: How to Become a SHEIN Product Tester [13 Remote Tester Jobs]
Mistplay Reviews And Ratings
While researching for this Mistplay review, I checked several Reddit threads on Mistplay. They are mostly positive reviews, while some also complain about the low earning potential. And then, I looked at their performances and reviews on other platforms.
Ratings Of Mistplay On Different Platforms
- Google Play Store: 4.1/5 with 347K+ reviews and 10M+ active downloads.
- Trustpilot: 2.2/5 with 342 reviews (17% 5-star and 63% 1-star)
- BBB: 1/5 with 14 complaints closed in the last 12 months.
- Glassdoor: 4.6/5 with 32 reviews.
Social Media Presence Of Mistplay
My Rating: 4.5/5 in terms of trustworthiness, as Mistplay is a legit site that actually pays. But, 3/5 in terms of actual earning potential, as it is hard to even generate $4/hour.
Mistplay User Reviews & Complaints
When researching what people are saying about this company, I first looked into Reddit and Quora threads about Mistplay user reviews.
I found a Reddit thread that gave me a brief insight into how much money Mistplay users are now making.
And when I looked into other platforms, I got mostly positive reviews. However, there are a few complaints about their earning potential and payout terms.
What people are saying about Mistplay on different forums
- SharksAre2op on Reddit wrote, “No money-making apps for playing games are worth your time. Really, trust me, don’t try them. They play tricks and such that getting a mere 10$ will take a few days or even weeks.”
- Gregory Tomlinson on Quora wrote, “You’d have to be playing 24 hours a day even to make some money. I play every day and get a £10 amazon voucher every two months. So don’t expect to get rich off it.”
- On Google Play Store, Jeffrey Siegfried wrote, “I downloaded this because I see the ads constantly. After playing five games to high levels, I still have only managed 4000 points, which is just over the cost of a $5 Amazon card.”
- Angela Coen on Trustpilot wrote, “I joined Mistplay 10 days ago, and I’ve just redeemed my 1st £10 gift card for amazon. It will never make me rich, but I’m happy to earn what I can.”
There is no single complaint of Mistplay being a fraud or not paying money in any forum. But there are loads of complaints about the payment being too low. And I completely agree with that issue, as it took seven days for me to get a $5 card.
Bonus: Bubble Cash is another platform that also pays you to play exciting mobile games. Check out their earning potential and trustworthiness in my latest Bubble Cash app review.
Similar Apps Like Mistplay – Best Alternatives
Mistplay is a legit app where you can make money just by playing games. But many other alternatives are also available where you will get equal opportunities (even better, in a few cases).
I tried a couple of them, and my top recommendations are
I also tried the JustPlay app recently to check if it is possible to make money from it in 2023. And I found something strange! To know more, you can go through my recent JustPlay app review.
Is Mistplay Legit? – My Final Take
If you ask me if Mistplay is legit, my answer would be a definite yes. But you shouldn’t rely on it for your financial terms. As I’ve said earlier, you will hardly make $4/hour or even less.
If you are an avid gamer or love mobile gaming, you can encash your time by playing your favorite games on Mistplay.
There are also other ways to kickstart your video gaming career, as it is one of the emerging professions with huge potential.
If you want even more ideas for making money, consider checking our posts on: